TTORA Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard the 05 and newer guys say they need new UCA's because the vibration problems are so bad. My question though is this. On the 2001-2004 body style trucks why would you need new UCA's?

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
dont see a relation with vibration. uniballs are perfered over ball joints because they are a weak link and they dont flex as good. with extended travel coilovers you have to have them

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so if i am not running long travel and not doing any flexing, i dont need to worry about em?

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
badmoonrising said:
unless you have ext. coilovers
so if i run fabtech coilovers with AAL's out back and dont crawl or desert wheel you still reccomend them?

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I have them on my 04 without the extended coilovers. (Camburgs) I noticed a BIG difference in stability and handling with uniballs vs the stock ball joints. It was also easier to get a better alignment with the lift too. Plus, they look nice! :xpimp: lol

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
NorcalPR said:
UCA's only increase down travel...

BTW, suspension tech.
no, they don't.

only extended shocks will do that.

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,202 Posts
hytenor said:
no, they don't.

only extended shocks will do that.
What I meant was, if you get extended shocks, your limiting factor is now the UCA. The UCA allows for more down travel, no lift.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Muddin taco2131 said:
I have heard the 05 and newer guys say they need new UCA's because the vibration problems are so bad.
Just to clarify; the reason the '05+ owners get the after-market UCAs is to correct alignment problems (not enough caster) after a lift. It has nothing to do with vibration issues.

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
PuckerFactor said:
but they allow for more downtravel ;)

Hi chris!
not w/o longer shocks or a Top load spacer which was my point ;)

the UCAs do nothing for down-travel by themselves and I didn't want some noob thinking otherwise.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
12 Participants
hytenor
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing