TTORA Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard the 05 and newer guys say they need new UCA's because the vibration problems are so bad. My question though is this. On the 2001-2004 body style trucks why would you need new UCA's?

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
dont see a relation with vibration. uniballs are perfered over ball joints because they are a weak link and they dont flex as good. with extended travel coilovers you have to have them

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so if i am not running long travel and not doing any flexing, i dont need to worry about em?

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
badmoonrising said:
unless you have ext. coilovers
so if i run fabtech coilovers with AAL's out back and dont crawl or desert wheel you still reccomend them?

·
Administrator
18,337 Posts
Part of the reason you can run the extended COs is because you eliminate the binding of the stock upper ball joint. Thats an added benefit. But if you aren't running extended COs, there really is no point to spend the money.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I have them on my 04 without the extended coilovers. (Camburgs) I noticed a BIG difference in stability and handling with uniballs vs the stock ball joints. It was also easier to get a better alignment with the lift too. Plus, they look nice! :xpimp: lol

·
Going John Galt
31,844 Posts
NorcalPR said:
UCA's only increase down travel...

BTW, suspension tech.
no, they don't.

only extended shocks will do that.

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,213 Posts
hytenor said:
no, they don't.

only extended shocks will do that.
What I meant was, if you get extended shocks, your limiting factor is now the UCA. The UCA allows for more down travel, no lift.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Muddin taco2131 said:
I have heard the 05 and newer guys say they need new UCA's because the vibration problems are so bad.
Just to clarify; the reason the '05+ owners get the after-market UCAs is to correct alignment problems (not enough caster) after a lift. It has nothing to do with vibration issues.

·
Going John Galt
31,844 Posts
PuckerFactor said:
but they allow for more downtravel ;)

Hi chris!
not w/o longer shocks or a Top load spacer which was my point ;)

the UCAs do nothing for down-travel by themselves and I didn't want some noob thinking otherwise.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts