TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
could somebody tell me why i cant use this tire for my truck? if you guys remember i was looking for a similar tire 4 months ago and finally i found one and its not allowed for highway!!

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
why were you looking for this tire? looks like a baja race steer tire, why do you want it?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Texan1983 said:
why were you looking for this tire? looks like a baja race steer tire, why do you want it?
they are light and they function really good in the desert also they could be good if you have heavy stuff in your bed

·
Registered
764 Posts
i bet that since they are not meant for anything but steering in the desert that they would not be that great with a load, especially if you were using they as a rear drive tire. sidewall probably isnt stiff enough.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used them on those trucks below on and off-road. they work perfect. if you have lots of stuff add more air and it will level your truck

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
im guessing since it's a race tire, it's not DOT approved, hence why you can use it on the highway.

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
Here - I'll be the one to tell you what you want to hear since you aren't listening to anyone.

Sure, you can use it! No problem!

**Disclaimer: These tires are not DOT-Approved. The cops are gonna pull you over constantly. You'll never pass inspection. If you get in a wreck because the tire blew out, you'll be totally liable for any costs associated. After that, you will likely be unable to get insurance ever again. It's very possible the tire WILL blow out after a long run on the highway because it's not designed for that use. Treadwear will likely be VERY poor, so the tires will be insanely expensive to run.***

·
Registered
414 Posts
Except the cops probably won't know the difference, and it won't affect your ability to get insurance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts