TTORA Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have not got to install it yet but I have been putting the display in certain areas of the interior to see if it will be good or bad. The unit is the plx 300 so what I am lookin for is picture(s)of a WB installed to where the driver can see it and just as important,the person doing ther tuning can too. Have put it on the steering column but then it leads to where is the wires gonna be goin to and can it be seen in the passenger seat too when needed. Looked at a few places in the dash that seem like they are possible. I like the idea of having it running constanlty becase I tow constantly on freeways and I also enjoy my supercharger so it is not overkill to me by anymeans.

Sam

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah the glovebox is not really a good place for me cuz all the trd mess that i behind there really makes for a confusing bunch of wires and harnesses that makes me shy away from putting it there.Althouh the ftc is behind the dash leaving the box fairly empty except for the serial cable and it not liking to close due to the bulging of panels behind the box.Thanks though.

Sam

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Once you get the AIC installed I would remove that TRD controller completely and tune using a combination of the AIC and FTC boxes.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Gadget for the answer to a ? I had last week. The AIC and wideband will be mounted Monday. The tuner who will install this(do not have any kind of time to attempt something that I may have to go back and do again)was told about what I am shootin for and that I just need a safe map for gettin' to ya so you can get it where it should be. Was wondering if the tuner there would be able to figure it out about pullin the trd mess out,but we'll see and I will send you an email as soon as I am ready to take the hike to see ya.Got my fingers crossed that everything will go smoothly and I will be able to meet my April deadline on getting the truck in tip top running order. If they installed the FTC inline after the trd mess they should be able to do this with the wiring schematic that came with the ftc.

Sam

1 - 5 of 5 Posts