TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting a horrible sound around 45 mph in 4th gear at around 2300-2500 rpms while flooring it. Sometimes in other gears too while flooring it but it's somewhat unpredictable. Would it be a heatshield? If i bang around i dont hear anything other than in the cat i can hear a tiny little rattle if i hit it real hard w/a hammer. But i dont see how that could make all this rattle. It more so sounds like it's coming from rear u-joint/3rd member area but hard to say since i'm driving while it's going on. Anyways can you solve the mystery :rolleyes: thanks guys.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sounds like it might be a U-joint. I would check to see what kind of play you have with the rear axle (twist wise, compaird to rear yoke) and go from there.
Rob

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sweet allright i'll scope it out tommorow. I didn't want to crawl under in the rain today lol

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
this doesn't change pitch or while i go faster, it is what it is when it is.

·
Registered
205 Posts
If you can`t seem to locate it by just driving try putting it on stands and running it through the gears. You won`t need to give it much gas.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well it's not a u-joint, i'll do the jack stand test once the damn rain will stop :xcrybaby:

·
Registered
257 Posts
You shouldnt hit the cat too hard with a hammer, not saying its a no no but well not too hard anyway... it could be that hammer just doesnt get it to rattle since all the pipes are holding it, you should take it off I think it does bolt in there right?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts