TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an odd sound, I haven't noticed it while driving faster like 35-40 mph or whatever, mainly i hear it when under 10 mph and taking a turn. It used to be purely on right hand turns but now it is doing it on both. It sounds like the noise a Seal makes but also sounds like grinding a little bit. If i lock the hubs it goes away and when i unlock them it stays away for a little bit. But it sure enough comes back eventually. I checked my wheelbearings, they seem fine, balljoints and tre's are tight as well, please help me out guys!
Thanks a ton

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone pllllease

·
Registered
295 Posts
I don't really know what it could be, maybe brakes? Can't explain why it would stop with the hubs locked though. Only other thing I would think would be something in the hub, but since I never took the hubs on my truck apart, I don't really know what is in there. I am sure it is similar to many other configurations, worn out bearings or maybe a spring in the hub.

Bump for ya.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how do i do that, is there a write up?

·
Registered
612 Posts
Avoid the lower speeds. Take less traveled routes to enable you to get above your Vmin.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
97TacoDude said:
Avoid the lower speeds. Take less traveled routes to enable you to get above your Vmin.
how will that help me fix my problem?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts