TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...

I'm looking to lift my Tacoma 2 or maybe 2.5 inches, but the thing is, my truck is about 2" lower on my driver side.

I've looked at the spring, and it is definetly sagging a bit. The problem is, most whole spring packs are:
A. Pretty Expensive
B. Too much lift for me.

Will buying a Cornfed lift with the AAL's fix the spring, or am I going to need a new spring pack?

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Price thenm out from deaver. Their add on leaf pack is around 200. I think he has an entire leaf pack for $400 ish. That's a pretty good deal. Call Donahoe or Demello, they can give you more info. The leaf packs give 2" or so for the full pack, the add on pack is 1-3/4.

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
MattyFatty182 said:
Hey guys...

I'm looking to lift my Tacoma 2 or maybe 2.5 inches, but the thing is, my truck is about 2" lower on my driver side.

I've looked at the spring, and it is definetly sagging a bit. The problem is, most whole spring packs are:
A. Pretty Expensive
B. Too much lift for me.

Will buying a Cornfed lift with the AAL's fix the spring, or am I going to need a new spring pack?
I would say that your left spring is toast so just adding AALs to both sides won't fix the problem. At best, doing so will be a very temporary fix since the new AAL will be taking all the stress and will soon fail.

OME's leafpks are a 2" lift for around $350/pr.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I can tell you from experience, that NO, an AAL wont help much....

My drivers side still sags just about the same 2" it did before I replaced that side AAL....

You might try rearching as a temporary fix....
My local spring shop wants $150 to rearch both springs, if I take the truck in and they pull the springs....

Or they want $25 a pack, if I take just the packs in myself....

Another option is these guys:
http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/tacoleafs.htm

I havent used them, but found them recommended when I was searching for options, too....

·
Registered
469 Posts
hytenor said:
I would say that your left spring is toast so just adding AALs to both sides won't fix the problem. At best, doing so will be a very temporary fix since the new AAL will be taking all the stress and will soon fail.
I agree with Hytenor, but I can tell you that putting AAL on mine has leveled it out for now, like hytenor says this is only a band-aid fix. Mine was about 1-1.5 inches lower on passenger side, and now sits level (rides slightly rougher too, but worth it for the lift). You can't discount that you do hear about people on here with AALs on for more than just a year or two. This is my first one, so I can say that it is still level after about a month and about 800 miles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts