TTORA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if a diesel turbo available in the 3.0 1kz engine in the toyota 4runner will fit in my 2.7 3rz-fe engine

They are readily available in Dubai and quite cheap as well.

What about the supercharger and Turbo from the 2.5 engine. I think its from the 1994 camry,mark ii.

All above turbos and supercharger are factory fitted from Japan. We get a lot of used things from Japan, which is re exported to other coutries

Regards

Irfaan Kasimali

·
Registered
123 Posts
These are good questions. I am completely new to this forum (been lurking for 3 years, just joined and posting now), and don't know alot about older generation Toyota truck engines, but I do know a bit about Japanese Market engine swaps. So you're in Dubai? When you say "fit" do you mean dimension/space wise or "fits" like all the mounts line up and/or the trans. is compatible, and it just drops right in? Have you considered the 2JZGTE from the MKIV toyota supra twin turbo? That would be ultimate. Even if all the engine mounts don't line up, at least one may, and fabricating the rest shouldn't be too hard. The major concern with those swaps is transmission and 4wd. Anyone else have some info on older Toyota forced induction swaps? I hope you can get more info on this.

For the record, any Toyota turbo engine from the last decade and a half are rock solid, can produce incedible amounts of power, and their internals are nearly bomb proof. Any engine from a Mark, Chaser, Cressida, Supra, Soarer, etc. fits this category. With a list of cars like that coming with awesome turbo engines, you can surely find something if you're willing to dig a bit. So look those up and research them. Australia and NZ get these cars imported and the importers/car forums may have some information available about these engines online. Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts