TTORA Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pair of camburg c/os and i was wondering if my axles with bind if i set them to 2.75 driver side and 2.5 passenger? im currently at 2.0 driver and 2.0 passenger. (the measurements will be taken from the bottom of the top plate to the top of the coil)

i realize i may bust a cv boot but i really dont think i would, what do you guys think?

read the sig for truck info, also i have already searched :)

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
You will have the same amount of travel no matter where they are set. You will probably wear CV's out sooner, and have a shitty ride offroad, but if you want that cool look from the extra .75" go for it.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its not for the "cool" look, its more of the fact that my tires rub a hair, but i might just break out the :saw:

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
its not for the "cool" look, its more of the fact that my tires rub a hair, but i might just break out the :saw:
Then cranking wont fix your problem, just mask it.

:saw: :saw:

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the tire only rubs on the corner of the back inside of the fender, im thinking cranking the coils alittle more would help, but i dont think its worth the risk of popping a cv or binding the axles...so i might just cut them.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
the tire only rubs on the corner of the back inside of the fender, im thinking cranking the coils alittle more would help, but i dont think its worth the risk of popping a cv or binding the axles...so i might just cut them.
It would help until you flex a little, no matter where you have the CO's set you dont add any extra tire clearance.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
very true...

ok, ill trim the fenders...you win, ill more then likely lever out once i get my tool box back in and a inbed spare carrier...

anyway, thanks for saving me my stock cv's! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.