TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Little help please!
I have a 03' Taco Double cab TRD. I plan on installing my 2" Cornfed Sus. Lift so tire rubbage will not be my problem. What my question is that I need to know if anyone has or has heard of anyone having AR Outlaw 1’s (or 2’s if it matters) installed on their Taco? If so, was any mods done to the brake or rim to keep any rubbing from happening or did they fit fine? Hopefully!
I’m getting a size smaller rim, (15”) put on, (cheaper tires for 15”!), I am making sure that they are compatible with my year. I think they have a 3 ¾” BS not sure though. I’m staying with the same size tire, well other then the fact it’s a 15” now. I’m getting 31” x 10.5” Yocohama (sp?) Geolander MT’s.

Also on that note, does anyone know where to get these tires at a cheap price or have any “CONNECTIONS” to get them cheap? They use to be cheap tires before they got popular. Cheapest I found so far was at Tirerack for 119 a piece.
Anyone use these tires? How are they?

Thanks for all you guy’s help!

-Broke and confused in Ohio.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
469 Posts
I have American Racing Outlaw II's on my truck. I know they are 15" but I don't know the backspacing. You can get some idea of the backspacing by looking at the pics in my sig. Also, I didn't see any places on the brakes where they'd been modified for the wheels to fit. My truck is a 2000 without ABS if that matters. The pics are in my sig.

I also remember seeing a post in the classifieds section where a guy was selling some 32" BFG ATs on 15" AR Outlaw IIs. Might search for that thread and contact the person who was selling them.
 

·
newbie
Joined
·
609 Posts
Jamier2 said:
I have American Racing Outlaw II's on my truck. I know they are 15" but I don't know the backspacing. You can get some idea of the backspacing by looking at the pics in my sig. Also, I didn't see any places on the brakes where they'd been modified for the wheels to fit. My truck is a 2000 without ABS if that matters. The pics are in my sig.

I also remember seeing a post in the classifieds section where a guy was selling some 32" BFG ATs on 15" AR Outlaw IIs. Might search for that thread and contact the person who was selling them.
I wish I knew they actually fit or I would have had a set for free. You have manual hubs yes? I was wondering if that is where the fitting issue is in the ADD models since the dust cap is big.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
469 Posts
wisctaco04 said:
I wish I knew they actually fit or I would have had a set for free. You have manual hubs yes? I was wondering if that is where the fitting issue is in the ADD models since the dust cap is big.
Well, I can't tell you whether or not ADD makes a difference since I've never even seen one of those with the wheels off. :)

You really should email whoever was selling those and see what they had them mounted on. Likely it was ADD, since there seem to be a lot more of them than manual hubs.

The wheels are FREE? Get them anyway and at least test fit them before you decide against it. If someone likes you enough to give them to you, surely they'd let you mount one to check for fit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll look to see if I can find that thread. So far I got a 50/50 chance here. Wish someone new for sure.

Any know anything about the Yocohama (sp?) tires I mentioned above?
 

·
newbie
Joined
·
609 Posts
Jamier2 said:
Well, I can't tell you whether or not ADD makes a difference since I've never even seen one of those with the wheels off. :)

You really should email whoever was selling those and see what they had them mounted on. Likely it was ADD, since there seem to be a lot more of them than manual hubs.

The wheels are FREE? Get them anyway and at least test fit them before you decide against it. If someone likes you enough to give them to you, surely they'd let you mount one to check for fit.
They went for scrap a while ago sincee no one wanted then. I have 2 nice sets of rims now so I am set. I will be getting rid of the stock set soon if anyone is looking.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wisctaco04 said:
They went for scrap a while ago sincee no one wanted then. I have 2 nice sets of rims now so I am set. I will be getting rid of the stock set soon if anyone is looking.
what type of rims are they?

I'm just looking for a nice looking cheap set. My house payment is killing me......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
460 Posts
i got sum old 15x8 alloys off a 91 nissan truck that i would let u have for 100 plus shippin..... but personally i wouldnt disgrace a yota with nissan stuff....
 

·
newbie
Joined
·
609 Posts
Wolff said:
what type of rims are they?

I'm just looking for a nice looking cheap set. My house payment is killing me......
They are the ones in my link pix. They are Americam Racing with some rivet heads that are supposed to look like a bead lock. I don't know what series they are but they are alloy aluminum clearcoated. No defects. Iwill have some different ones here in a month or so.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top