TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 taco and my front suspension is extremely soft. It seems to bob pretty bad crossing bridges at freeway speed. it also dives when tou go into a corner pretty hard. Is there any way to fix this relatively cheap without lifting it? New Shocks? Maybe?

Thanks for your input guys!

·
Registered
108 Posts
TN4X said:
I have a 2001 taco and my front suspension is extremely soft. It seems to bob pretty bad crossing bridges at freeway speed. it also dives when tou go into a corner pretty hard. Is there any way to fix this relatively cheap without lifting it? New Shocks? Maybe?

If you have the stock shocks on there, the black ones, those things are the biggest pieces of crap ever. Changing them over to some bilstien shocks would make you real happy. I forget how much they cost, but every dollar is worth it.

·
Registered
503 Posts
TheChiefSinner said:
If you have the stock shocks on there, the black ones, those things are the biggest pieces of crap ever. Changing them over to some bilstien shocks would make you real happy. I forget how much they cost, but every dollar is worth it.
Are the blistens firmer than the stock ones? I just installed some autozone ones that were like 120 bucks for 4. Better than stock, but you feel every grain of sand in the road. I want to get somthing a little smoother.

Chris

·
Going John Galt
31,843 Posts
TN4X said:

how many miles on the truck? OE shocks are good for about 20K or so.

if you just want to replace the shocks go with the Bilstein HD series. they are MUCH better than OE!

Wheelers
Demello
Camburg.com
will all have them.

·
Going John Galt
31,843 Posts
TN4X said:
What Do You Think About The Rancho 5000?
the general concensus here (at least for the last 2 1/2 yrs) is that they suck, LOL the 9000s, however seem to work well.

·
Registered
279 Posts
TN4X said:
What Do You Think About The Rancho 5000?
Don't waste your money on the Rancho shocks. I had them for about 20k miles before I bought the Bilstein HD shocks. There's no comparison.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
new shox!

TN4X said:

I'd say go w/ some Billy's, mainly b/c they're better than stock. I'm goin to get some Billy's and some new OME 881's b/c my front coils are SHOT and my shox are pretty much just plain shitty. Rancho's are crap. Don't get them, whatever you do. Good luck, Wes

1 - 12 of 12 Posts