TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2001 dubcab w/revtek 3" spacer. the stock front springs have sagged about 1 inch. if i go with ome 880 coil springs will this get me back to where i was. what would be the pros and cons of this. i know they claim about 1.25 to 1.50 lift. or if i do away with the revtek spacer will the 882's give me 3" of lift?

·
Registered
185 Posts
jdub3333 said:
i have a 2001 dubcab w/revtek 3" spacer. the stock front springs have sagged about 1 inch. if i go with ome 880 coil springs will this get me back to where i was. what would be the pros and cons of this. i know they claim about 1.25 to 1.50 lift. or if i do away with the revtek spacer will the 882's give me 3" of lift?

OME/ARB does not reccomend running a spacer with their springs - some people do and dont mind it - but you will get a very rough ride. If I were you I would run the Tundra 2wd TRD coils which will give your d-cab about 1.5-1.75" - you could then run a 1" cornfed spacer - that would be a great combo giving you about 2.5-3" of lift and a decent ride

882s on their own will give you about 2.5 after settling assuming you are not running a winch.

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
jdub3333 said:
that would put over the top as far as this type of lift goes. The Taco suspension and CVs can handle 3.5" but the upper ball joints can't. CV boots start wearing out with just 2" on many rigs much less what you propose.

the 2wd tundra coils might be a good way to go. Since there is not a lot of info on this swap you will be doing some experimenting as far as adding spacers goes. The coils should be in the 600# range compared to your current 520s. (#s are extimates based on a bunch of comflicting sources, LOL)
882s will only get you 2.5" and they don't handle spacers or too many trim pks well.

you could conceivably use the preload spacer from the Revtec with 880s and get around 2.5-3" and the coils would not sag anywhere near as fast as OEs do. You would have to pull that top-load spacer, however, or be prepared to start breaking things fast ;)

but, the problem with more than 2" of lift and your ADD will be inner CV boot failure so be prepared for that unless you swap them out for hi-angle boots.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts