TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.

Im going to be buying a Toytec lift in the next week or so, and being the cheapskate I am, I want to save myself money.

The 3" Ultimate with Soft shocks and softer/longer AAL are 289.99
The same lift with soft shocks and a hard AAL are 259.99

I don't mind the ride in the back as it is stock, but I would like SOME suspension flex to soak up bumps, ya know? Would the soft shocks and hard AAL be a big difference in rough ride?

Do the soft shocks really do anything at all? Or should I pony up and buy soft shocks and the longer/softer add a leaf?

·
Registered
168 Posts
The shorter the AAl the stiffer it will ride. How much? I dont know I just used a block.

·
Registered
58 Posts
well first off man i'll have to say you are gettin ripped off. go on ebay and buy the same lift for a lot less $$. i bought the same toytec lift for mine for 180 including tax and shipping(still brandnew in the box). but after i installed the lift i was supprised that the rear wasnt nearly as still as i expected it to be(still with the stock shocks). the stock shocks were not long enough so i bought some rancho's....which i knew ride pretty rough but oh well i bought em anyway. so anyway the ride isnt gonna be that bad but yeah, if you do but some softer shocks it will keep if from being too "rough"

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tntaco said:
well first off man i'll have to say you are gettin ripped off. go on ebay and buy the same lift for a lot less $$. i bought the same toytec lift for mine for 180 including tax and shipping(still brandnew in the box). but after i installed the lift i was supprised that the rear wasnt nearly as still as i expected it to be(still with the stock shocks). the stock shocks were not long enough so i bought some rancho's....which i knew ride pretty rough but oh well i bought em anyway. so anyway the ride isnt gonna be that bad but yeah, if you do but some softer shocks it will keep if from being too "rough"
Buying from Toytec gets me a diff drop, and shocks, plus all the hardware. That auction looks like it is left overs from other kits.

I decided to go for the soft AAL and soft shock, hopefully I still get a decent 3 inches our of her.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts