TTORA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just like the title says, can I re-use my stock U-bolts or do I have to buy special ones to work with the OME rear springs. I would think that I could just re-use. Also what is the proper torque for the ubolts and leaf spring bolts.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I would get a new set of U bolts anyways. They get stressed when they go on the first time and shouldn't really be re-used. That's just what I've heard anyways. They are really cheap, so I would just replace them.

·
Going John Galt
31,846 Posts
jtaco1 said:
Just like the title says, can I re-use my stock U-bolts or do I have to buy special ones to work with the OME rear springs. I would think that I could just re-use. Also what is the proper torque for the ubolts and leaf spring bolts.
Don't the OMEs come with new U-bolts? I doubt the old ones will fit the new pks unless you pull a leaf or two ;)

90# for torque.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hytenor said:
Don't the OMEs come with new U-bolts? I doubt the old ones will fit the new pks unless you pull a leaf or two ;)

90# for torque.
Thanks, I got them used, so they weren't included, I'll give Wheeler's a call then.

·
Old Timer
266 Posts
jtaco1 said:

yes you can, I don't know the torque specs, i just tightened them. :welder:

·
Going John Galt
31,846 Posts
TQM3 (Last IFS in AZ) said:
yes you can, I don't know the torque specs, i just tightened them. :welder:
is that with all 7 leaves (or whatever they come with)? good to know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts