TTORA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what would it take to fit a 33/12.50 super swamper on my 2000 taco ive got a 3inch procomp suspension?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
i want a bigger tire right now ive got a 32/ 11.50 pro comp mt which actualy measures to a 30/11.50 which i could have fit stock its like im wasting my lift any sugestions

·
Registered
221 Posts
What size rim are you going to run?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
a 15x7 right now but ive been thinkin about gettin new rims so gettin new rims wont be a big problem

·
Registered
808 Posts
I have 3" right now and run the metric 33 BFG's (33x11.5). Swampers run big and you'll be wider. I rub a little now, I think you will be rubbing a lot with those. Also, don't know for sure if you can't, but I don't think you should run 33x12.5 on a 7" rim. Someone else might know that for sure.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
escude said:
what would it take to fit a 33/12.50 super swamper on my 2000 taco ive got a 3inch procomp suspension?
I think that you should definitely get some new rims 15x8's should work fine. I have a revtek lift on my truck and i have put 33x12.50's on my truck with only a small amount of rubbing when off-road. Each truck is different, so sometimes a 3 inch lift will rub with 32's. I would say try it out if you already have the tires, and do the pinch weld mod.

·
Going John Galt
31,844 Posts
escude said:
the 33x12.50 TSLs are actually a 34" tire (33.7") rather than most other brand 33s that run around 32.8"

So, no, you won't be able to run these with less than 6" of lift or some serious body work and on 8" rims ;)

for your stock rims you can, however, run 33x10.50 BFGs with 2-2.5" of lift with little or no rubbing.

what motor do you have? if the v6 you will 'survive' without regearing but if the 2.7, forget it depending on what OE gears you have now.

·
Going John Galt
31,844 Posts
escude said:
ya well ive got the 3.4L.
kewl, then you'll be ok w/o regearing but you'll notice the power drop.

regearing to 4.56s is recommended for the v6 and 33s to get you to a little better than stock, power wise.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
escude said:
like Hytenor said, swampers run a smidgin big. If I were you, I'd get some 33x12.50 BFG Muds if you want a mud tire to run w/ 3" of lift. I had 3" Revtek w/ 33x12.50 BFG AT's on 15x10's and I never rubbed. Well, except for if I hit a bad rut or something, but other than that, cleared just fine. Don't get a skinny 33', those look like shit and don't let any1 else tell you otherwise, LOL!! Do not, I repeat do not run some damn 15x7's, you'll wear the center out faster than the outer. You don't want your tread to wear unevenly. Peace, Wes

·
Registered
168 Posts
escude said:
Get body lift. Its definatly worth it in my opinion. I have 33x12.5s with 3 suspension and 1 body..I still rub off road but it is bearable. Maybe a 2 inch bl in your case since you want super swampers.
Brian

·
Going John Galt
31,844 Posts
wslytoy said:
like Hytenor said, swampers run a smidgin big. If I were you, I'd get some 33x12.50 BFG Muds if you want a mud tire to run w/ 3" of lift. I had 3" Revtek w/ 33x12.50 BFG AT's on 15x10's and I never rubbed. Well, except for if I hit a bad rut or something, but other than that, cleared just fine. Don't get a skinny 33', those look like shit and don't let any1 else tell you otherwise, LOL!! Do not, I repeat do not run some damn 15x7's, you'll wear the center out faster than the outer. You don't want your tread to wear unevenly. Peace, Wes
dude, what you smokin' tonight? LOL

33x12.50s on 10" rims, only 3" of lift and NO rubbing??? give me a break, LOL

and watch it on the 33x10.50s, youngin'. I've had them for 2 1/2 years now and they will clear with only 2-2.5" of lift on stock 7s. :D
as for wearing the centers...let out some air, sheesh.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
one of my friends is running a 33/12.50 bfg .AT and she is rubbin a little like its barable and she has a 3inch body so i dun know what do yall think i may get the 33/12.50, bfg mt's or procomp mts or did she just get lucky?

·
Going John Galt
31,844 Posts
escude said:
one of my friends is running a 33/12.50 bfg .AT and she is rubbin a little like its barable and she has a 3inch body so i dun know what do yall think i may get the 33/12.50, bfg mt's or procomp mts or did she just get lucky?
only a 3" bl for lift? what backspacing on the wheels? what size wheels? got fender flares or not? street use or crazy offroading?

it makes a huge difference.

·
Going John Galt
31,844 Posts
escude said:
o well i think im gonna go for a 2 inch body regear and get the 33inch swampers
in the grand scheme of things the important part about the mods you do is outfitting your rig the way YOU want it. half the fun is trying different stuff; sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Get the Swampers. When you rub figure out where and deal with each area...hammer, sawzall, whatever.

Besides, each time we try something and it doesn't work we stimulate the economy by buying more stuff ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts