·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
btt

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
An On/None/On switch has no center postion mechanically or electrial connection while an On/Off/On switch has a center mechanical positon bit with no electrical connection. You want a DPDT On/None/On switch for locker control for the Toyota electric Locker.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I guess what I want is a RS42P On/On DPDT right? Or do I want a momentary like one of the other 2

PS. Thanks for your help on this Dick.:)

Andy

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
No you don't want a momentary contact. You want DPDT ON-ON their RS42P. All the switch is doing is swapping the polarity of the power to the motor in the locker actuator. The rotary switch in the actuator does the rest by turning the motor power off or rather dropping the ground at the end of travel.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sweet, I started thinking about it and was worried about burning up the motor from being on all the time. Now I can order some switches. They just didnt come right out and call one of thoes a On/None/On switch. had to be diffeent I guess.

Andy

·
Registered
104 Posts
I hate to bring this post back from the dead but does anyone know if these switches will fit in the factory locker switch hole in the dash?

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hate to bring this post back from the dead but does anyone know if these switches will fit in the factory locker switch hole in the dash?
youll need to enlarge the inside of the hole slightly. youll see what i mean. and trim the corners and top,bottom of the switch slightly. but it fits good.

Andy

·
Registered
104 Posts
youll need to enlarge the inside of the hole slightly. youll see what i mean. and trim the corners and top,bottom of the switch slightly. but it fits good.

Andy
Awesome, thanks for the reply!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts