TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready for an 8,000 mile round the country road trip so I picked up a CB to pass the time, stay informed regarding road conditions, and have a means of emergency contact when out in the wilderness.

I got the wilson 1000 antenna and I absolutely love it. Not interested in doing a permanent install of the antenna though, I just have the cable routed from the back up to the front and stick the whole thing out the back window and smack dab in the middle of the roof when on the road. Reception is killer. :cool:

When not on the road I've been disconnecting the whip and just laying it down in the back seat of the truck. But I was wondering today whether or not storing it like in the image below is a bad idea.

I guess long term it might not be great for the whip, but for an overnight stay somewhere or a few hours away from the vehicle I'm not sure what harm it would do. Anyone have any experience with this, or tips on storing the whip when not in use? Not that it's a huge inconvenience to take the thing apart just wondering what my options are.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks ShowStop! Good to know.

I've already noticed some of the dirt round the back of the truck attaching itself to the magnet and I've wiped it off. Not too worried about scratching the truck, the low hanging trees and loading/unloading my canoe have already done a number on the roof paint :p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts