TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at getting a winch for my tacoma. It is a 1998 SR5 extended cab 4x4 with a 2.7. How much winch do i need and what is a fairly cheap option?
:saw:

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
You get what you pay for. Buy cheap, get cheap? Buy quality, get quality? Look at it this way: when you buy tires do you get the Pepboy specials (4 for $99) or the BFG's?

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
I consider a winch to be a "life-saving" device. This is NOT the area you want to pinch every penny. That certainly doesn't mean you have to buy top of the line, but stick with one of the well-known brands. My trail rig has a 9.5Ti and I'm spoiled by the power and high line speed now - anything else seems like it takes forever!

·
Registered
490 Posts
I have a T-Max ew9000....great winch,great customer service(thought I had a solinoid go bad....5 min. phone call and had a new one in 2 days),never a problem...bad solinoid was just a loose wire from when I ran my remote setup.I will keep running them unless I decide to go the Warn 8274 route.

·
Registered
5,490 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
got the milemarker

i have the milemarker pe8000 winch, its a strong winch no doubt but it is a little slower than some of the competition out there, it shut down on me once so that it wouldn't overheat due to pulling a friends grand cherokee up a steep hill

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
After owning a MileMarker 9500, I would not buy one again if I knew it was going to get used more than a couple times a year, or with long hard pulls. They are too damn slow and thus drain more power than the faster winches (over the same pull)
I am looking for a good deal on a Warn, or a Summit winch. (I have to see how my buddies summit winch does before going that route)

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I have a 9.5 xp and would think there are very few winches that will out perform it. It's well sealed against moisture, has a remote solenoid so you can keep it up high and dry and it has the fastest full load line speed of any of the Warn winches. ....Steve

1 - 11 of 11 Posts