TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just picked up this months issue of peterson's 4x4 and that have a section on winches and in there they had a section on winches and one of those is the one from habor freight that has the same dimmentions as the mile marker and some of the others. so i went and priced them they have the 10,000 LBS winch down from 649.99 to 299.99 and the 8,000 at 399.99 form 499.99 and the 9,000 at 499.99. so i picked up the 10,000LBS i'll get the mag. article and get back to ya

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
they are made by milemarker..... the serial numbers somehow match up. they were talking about it on the nat boards. now that i know that im not anti getting a winch lol... tube gets bought in a few weeks for front bumper and sliders..... wheeee

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the sell ends on the 27th

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
dude its HF..... they are always having sales. last year i saw winches go on sale 4-5 times.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
true.... well its mounted!!!!! i'll get some pic.s tomorrow!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Jason,
whats the hp on the 10,000 ? I just read the same article ane just thought to my self for bag'n a buddy for wanting to pick up a h.f. winch last year but if i remember right when i read the box it only came with a 1.7 hp motor. Kinda feel like a jackass know....

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how do you know my name? i don't know i'll look it up

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
965 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
here is a photo

the camera will be watching

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
nice, so you went and bought one? which one did you get?

**EDIT** sorry just read a couple of posts up, lmao. anyway you tried it yet? do me a favor and measure the mount plate it is on so i can figure wtf i can do to mount one on my junk

·
Registered
13,296 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
sweet, I know cuz we've missed 2-3 wheeln trips when you lived in durango. we were supposed to meet up a few times but nothing ever worked... i.e. 4th of july, and a couple of other times but one of our trucks broke.. Im the guy whose girl has prop. up la plata canyon. btw pics look good.

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
Vic stuff said:
nice, so you went and bought one? which one did you get?

**EDIT** sorry just read a couple of posts up, lmao. anyway you tried it yet? do me a favor and measure the mount plate it is on so i can figure wtf i can do to mount one on my junk

i think you can mount the control box not right next to it...... but judging from taco stuff it could be very close to fitting in yours if we move that control box... maybe you can go to HF and measure it yourself lmao :p

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
tacotoy said:
i think you can mount the control box not right next to it...... but judging from taco stuff it could be very close to fitting in yours if we move that control box... maybe you can go to HF and measure it yourself lmao :p
gary?

yah lookin at the pics of his i canb probaly make it work, i just need to go to HF and take some measurements of the mounting points

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
yeah.... and i dont know why you couldn't relo the control box.... or at least move it to the other side of your bumper type of thing...... that or tube it like i told you lol

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
alex225 said:
so did it come with all the shit to hook it up?
everything below the winch i built yesterday and today :saw: :welder: :D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts