TTORA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i was looking at my allpro bumper while repainting it today (royal PITA BTW) and was thinking, where the hell do you put the strap if i need to get a tug, or to attach my winch cable to when using a snatch block? should i just take the skirt off and just wrap it around one of the bars, or will i bend the crap out of it?

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
Tree saver to the tubing is all that you got...

I have the first gen bumper...
But I've utilized this tube for now... :newer units may not afford this:
Optional locations to mount up a clevis... :which I need to do:

Unfortunately... there's just not a lot of options...

·
Registered
779 Posts
sad day for all pro bumper owners?. Didn't think of this before you bought a bumper..?

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
it just sucks you can't even reuse the stock hooks anymore the way the tubing is.

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
Yeah it leaves something to be desired...

But it has held up to what level of trails I run...

There is a way to mount a clevis utilizing the frame... Even though the mounting bracket partially blocks the OEM tow hook bolt holes...

I'll be doing that shortly... and do a write up on it as I go...

It will require 3/16" to 1/4" plate and a 2 - 3" clevis mount to clear that lower hoop... And it will be a bolt on if so desired... Though I'll probably weld and bolt the thing... (There should be enough room to fit the 3/16" to 1/4" plate between the bumpers lower plate mount and the frame... More on that later)

Similar to what GoldTaco is doing...

GoldTaco said:
The other place is the suspension crossmember... But those points (though the strongest) are a little too low for my likes...

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Doodles on TacoDells pic are great. Color coordinated and all. Do you give classes?

·
Registered
253 Posts
The recovery point doesnt piss me off but getting to the fucking winch bolts do. Couldnt they just put a 1in hole in the skid plate under the holes.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
yeah i realized that it had no recovery points as well, only i realized it before it actually got to my house. i went to poison spyder and got 2 of thier dring mounts where are found here: http://www.poisonspydercustoms.com/index2.php?use_page=/buggies/buildup.htm

then i welded them on onto the "downpipes" (for lack of a better term) that are located beside the skidplate.

here are a few pics of the finished product

and yes, they are very strong, they have been yanked on hard...

if you got any other questions let me know ;)

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
duc said:
The recovery point doesnt piss me off but getting to the fucking winch bolts do. Couldnt they just put a 1in hole in the skid plate under the holes.

Copy that!! Took me longer to get that winch on and off than it took to get the bumper on and off!! Greger05 that is a clean ass truck man! I wish mine could stay like that, goddamn road salt is tearing my truck up! I just had to pull my bumpers off AGAIN for their second paint job in less than a year due to them getting torn up by roadsalt and me not having a garage!

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
slander said:
Copy that!! Took me longer to get that winch on and off than it took to get the bumper on and off!! Greger05 that is a clean ass truck man! I wish mine could stay like that, goddamn road salt is tearing my truck up! I just had to pull my bumpers off AGAIN for their second paint job in less than a year due to them getting torn up by roadsalt and me not having a garage!

haha thanks man. however the bumper is not nearly that clean now. the skid plate is dented to hell and has gashes all over it, and gashes everywhere else on it. i beat the hell out of it and it is holding up! no salt here...the advantages of living where its warm....most of the time. :D

·
Registered
72 Posts
Noticed this as well. The Poison Spyder solution is the way I'll go. Thanks for posting that.

TJK

1 - 16 of 16 Posts