TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I tried to search for some posts about where to get the best/most durable rain window visors/guards and it didn;t seem to be a hot topic. So anyone know where I could buy some for my 99 xCab? Its so annoying getting dripped on when you wash the front winshield. Are they all installed with tape? Anyway, thanks.

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
look at performance products, they have some slim line ones that tuck into the window channel...pretty nice...

·
Registered
984 Posts
Some still install with tape. Everyone seems to be slowly migrating to the in-channel approach. I have some AutoVentShade (AVS) taped ones on my '93 preTaco - still tight and functional. I put WeatherTech in-channels on my '04, and they've been tight and solid. I picked WeatherTech because (a) they're thicker than most and (b) they offer a 'Dark' edition which blended well with my all-black motif.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I have had the vent visor ones all the way around for about 4 years. The tape on the rear window visor has started to pull loose. No biggy though I may replace the tape soon. Other than that they work great.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have the in channel ventivisors on my 05 dbl cab. ive had the other kind on other vehicles and i must say the in channel are much much better. the ones that mount externally tend to come off after relatively short periods of time.

·
Registered
793 Posts
My VentVisor tape on ones work great, no complaints here.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I had Vent Visor tape on ones on my '94 for 160,000 miles and no problem. I also have the tape on vent Visor ones on my '02 with 46,000. Someone pulled at the back of one. I called Vent Visor and they sent out 2 tape strips for free.

·
Registered
416 Posts
taco23 said:
Have the WeatherTech vent visors that are the in-channel type. They clatter when the weather is cold, but it works like it should in the rain.
i have the weathertechs too. mine don't make any sound though. they fit perfectly in the channel, nice and snug. they're durable and they don't require tape. i also like that they have a pretty low profile and blend in well with my tint. there are some pics in my sig.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts