TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
It should be close to 20%. If you have the front doors tinted with either 20% or 15%, they will match okay. Older Toyota glass has more of a bronze tint to it, which is tough to match (not sure which year they went to a charcoal smoke vs. the bronze). You can do a metalized film and get the bronze color, but it will never match perfectly.

·
Registered
430 Posts
If it helps i just had my wifes front windows ...02 Sequioa done with 20% metalized and it is still lighter than the rear... I just had my tundra done with 5% on the fronts and 35% over the factory tint in the rear Its way to dark........ I hate it!! i have always run limo but i must be getting older i love the 20% on the wifes..... Just my 2 cents... also for the first time i had Cheap tint put on the tundra........ F that dude you can so tell the difference DON"T USE NORTON...

If in Fort Collins i would recommend The Vanworks truck place Location on the corner of trilby and college there Tinter Zack Did a freaking awesome job on my wifes...And Also had different shades/colors of tint to choose from..

And The guys In lakewood at Juan and Holious tint shack...Did an ass job on my Tundra.....

I have had probrably 30 vehichles tinted over the years and always used the same guy.. in Arizona....

Moral of my story Pay the Money!!! for a good tinter..:D

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Ray reductions in longmont is good for this. I know the owners son and he said they can match my Gf's fj exact. Id hit them up.

BTW the work is great. They will be seeing my truck when its done.

·
Registered
393 Posts
If it helps i just had my wifes front windows ...02 Sequioa done with 20% metalized and it is still lighter than the rear...
Yeah, it will never match perfect. What throws it off is the amount of light coming through the windshield.

I have 20% on my front doors, and they are a little lighter than the rear, but what I notice is that the front doors appear to be a slightly different shade, they look more grey, whereas the rear windows look more black. I think this is due to the slight green hue the clear factory glass has.

Back in the day I worked at a tint shop in Denver. The only film that we had that came close a perfect match was a 15% charcoal metalized. It was different from the bronze and gray metalized films. It was a 3M product, but I have not been able to find anyone in the state that carries it.

And as stated above, pay extra for good quality film. The cheap stuff will eventually delam or fade. The shop I go to will warranty the good films no questions asked. If the dog scratches it, they will replace it for free.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
...........what what what???? russell is not running fishbowl??????
nope it will be like 70-60% on all the glass including the windshield for sound and because my truck was a non A/C truck and doesn't have the factory tinted glass they had in A/C equipped trucks. you wont notice its even tinted :D

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Anyone wanting tint in the north Denver area I have a guy that has done all of my tint since I was 18. Accessories Inc. off of about 64th and Broadway. Fair price and he warranties all of it. Ask for Ken.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts