TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Redid my computer, ran Windows Updates through the whole thing and now I get this popup before Windows starts, that says "Log on to Windows" with my username and password. I never made a password so I just click OK and it begins to boot up. It starts to load my desktop, then logs off before the rest of the desktop comes in.

WTF? Anyone got any ideas?

-Phill

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
Boot the PC into safe mode (Press F8 right before the 'Windows XP' start up logo comes up). If it comes up, remove the last update that was installed through control panel -> add-remove programs.

·
Registered
83 Posts
NorcalPR said:
Hey guys. Redid my computer, ran Windows Updates through the whole thing and now I get this popup before Windows starts, that says "Log on to Windows" with my username and password. I never made a password so I just click OK and it begins to boot up. It starts to load my desktop, then logs off before the rest of the desktop comes in.

WTF? Anyone got any ideas?

-Phill
Try logging in as Administrator with no password if you never created one. If that works you can create another account ( recommended) - with a new username and password.

·
Ban Count: 12
1,815 Posts
re-install again and see what happens. Make sure your computer is protected by a firewall of some sort before putting it on the internet. Heck, if you can get the updates, burn them to a cd and install everything offline, that would be even better.

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried safe mode, it will not go in...

Administrator does not work...

I cannot get into my computer at all. I doubt that I got a virus or some shit. Before it wouldn't boot explorer till I did ctrl+alt+delete, then end explorer, then went to new task, type in explorer and it boots up.

Now I can't get past this stupid fugin window and it's pissin me off because I have to type up some shit today for school

·
Registered
83 Posts
NorcalPR said:
I tried safe mode, it will not go in...

Administrator does not work...

I cannot get into my computer at all. I doubt that I got a virus or some shit. Before it wouldn't boot explorer till I did ctrl+alt+delete, then end explorer, then went to new task, type in explorer and it boots up.

Now I can't get past this stupid fugin window and it's pissin me off because I have to type up some shit today for school
So you login and the desktop starts and then logs off again? Back to a login prompt?

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep, says loading personal settings, then briefly shows my desktop, it comes back up as logging off, then brings me back to the "log on to windows" screen.

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Real Copy of XP Pro

Looking pon the internet, it looks as if it's trying to load "wsupdater.exe," and not "userinit.exe,".

Dunno yet, this is really pissing me off. I don't want to reformat this shit.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Ok I fix I fix!
Restart computer
Press F8
Start in Dos
at the prompt type in control
your control panel will pop up
remove last update via add remove programs
and restart

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Oh and thats they way I used to get into school computers before I learned where to get admin passwords for Novel Client.

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just used the repair function and repaired windows.

That is THE LAST time I fuggin use Windows Update, stupid fuckin POS

Great, 2 hours left till I leave for class and my paper is due. FUCK!

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mother Effin POS!!!!!

Repair didn't work, will try last post's suggestion

·
Ban Count: 12
1,815 Posts
NorcalPR said:
I just used the repair function and repaired windows.

That is THE LAST time I fuggin use Windows Update, stupid fuckin POS

Great, 2 hours left till I leave for class and my paper is due. FUCK!

So why not get off this board and use the computer you are using to access the internet to write your paper? :kewl:

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm handwriting it and I'm almost done. My hand is hating me right now...

It also doesn't have a access to a printer, so I'm kinda screwed in that manner. I think I'm going to reformat from square one as the other posters recomendations did not work...

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
NorcalPR said:
I'm handwriting it and I'm almost done. My hand is hating me right now...

It also doesn't have a access to a printer, so I'm kinda screwed in that manner. I think I'm going to reformat from square one as the other posters recomendations did not work...
have you tried re-loading Windows? might try that before you reformat the hd.

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I used the Repair for windows. Now it takes forever to load windows, only shows my desktop background, then goes back to the welcome screen...

Lucky for me I created a partition for C and made it two drives, one 10gb strictly for windows, and the rest for programs. Then I have two hard drives hooked up for a total of 4...

So I won't lsoe anything, just lose my settings and I have to reinstall all the programs.

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
NorcalPR said:
I used the Repair for windows. Now it takes forever to load windows, only shows my desktop background, then goes back to the welcome screen...

Lucky for me I created a partition for C and made it two drives, one 10gb strictly for windows, and the rest for programs. Then I have two hard drives hooked up for a total of 4...

So I won't lsoe anything, just lose my settings and I have to reinstall all the programs.
gotcha...I've always just reloaded the program when things got that bad.

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Same here. I just hate the process or starting anew (and especially having it crash on you just a week after you did it)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
6 Participants
NorcalPR
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing