TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a windshield chip and the vehicle does not have comp, so the repair is quite pricey. I was thinking of trying some of the "do it yourself" glue for windshields. Anybody ever use the stuff? Does it work? If so how well?

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
Got a windshield chip and the vehicle does not have comp, so the repair is quite pricey. I was thinking of trying some of the "do it yourself" glue for windshields. Anybody ever use the stuff? Does it work? If so how well?
for under $10, give it a try. The reviews on Amazon seem mixed but most people had at least some success.
google 'windshield repair kit' and go to Amazon for a couple hundred reviews of several different products :p

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't even think to look there, I forget they have more than books. Thanks for the reply and tip.

·
Registered
843 Posts
I tried on my 82.....it didn't work very well....in fact I would say chump up the change and pay it. I had comp on mine and you can barely tell that the chip was there. Well worth the money....but you could try yourself first.

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
I tried on my 82.....it didn't work very well....in fact I would say chump up the change and pay it. I had comp on mine and you can barely tell that the chip was there. Well worth the money....but you could try yourself first.
the problem there is that once you add the resin, that's it...no 'fixing' it after the fact.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I worked at an oil change shop that did chip repair, we would drill a small hole in the center of the chip, pull a light vacuum and fill it with resin. It was easy to do after you got the hang of it, and turned out nice. FYI the resin isn't that expensive, find a local shop and try to talk them down never hurts to try.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts