TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone move or change there windshield fluid reservoir? it hangs down quite a bit in front of the passenger tire, and i just know a rock will destroy it at some point, i've heard there is a toy version that is smaller to replace it with, anyone know about this? i did a search here under a bunch of different topics and nothing came up, i dont think ifs guys will have this problem, but maybe?

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
i'm wondering the same thing, my tire is starting to eat up the plastic guarding the reservoir. So I know i will have to move it one day.

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
i took mine out completly

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
yea can make your own like I did
http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24680&highlight=washer

Guapotaco said:
anyone move or change there windshield fluid reservoir? it hangs down quite a bit in front of the passenger tire, and i just know a rock will destroy it at some point, i've heard there is a toy version that is smaller to replace it with, anyone know about this? i did a search here under a bunch of different topics and nothing came up, i dont think ifs guys will have this problem, but maybe?

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
you can also get one from a T100 and move it to the pass side of the eng compartment behind the cruise control.

It is an easy fix for those of us without ABS- use a T100 tank in the space by the cowl on the right fender. I got mine from Bill's 94 RC V6 4x4, try a junkyard... the correct one (85315-34040) new is about $50.

I know production years 10/93 - 8/96 (94-96) for US models will work, others may also. I don't think a cold spec or Canadian will work, it looks too big. Also, the 93-94 1.7L looks even smaller, so it should work.

The only difference is that my connection had a low fluid sensor which I was unable to use. My plug fit the T100 pump.

It is secured with two bolts. If you were energetic, you could even drill out a space to accommodate the centering bulge at the bottom... I didn't.

·
Premium Member
3,569 Posts
cooper4x4 said:
you can also get one from a T100 and move it to the pass side of the eng compartment behind the cruise control.
Hmmmm....that's a GREAT idea! Any pitfalls you experienced duing your install?

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
not my install. i included the rest of the post where i got the pics. see my edited post above. it looks pretty straightforward though. you probably have to drill two holes and that's it.

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
When I did the SAS, mine was moved to inside the front bumper on the passenger side. I used a bottle from a Sami but glued my stock fill cap and part of the neck to it from the top side of the bumper so it's a snap to fill.

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,213 Posts
Don't the older tacoma's have the 4x4 vac controls up there?

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
:worthless

Dick Foster said:
When I did the SAS, mine was moved to inside the front bumper on the passenger side. I used a bottle from a Sami but glued my stock fill cap and part of the neck to it from the top side of the bumper so it's a snap to fill.

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
You can look at it at AZ Rocks if you want. It was that way last year. It's inside the damn bumper ya know.

·
Registered
757 Posts
I just flipped the whole motor around 180deg, reconnected the line, and it clears my 35's stuffed in wheel wells :)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts