TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first winter really fishing all the way through----
Is anyone doing any good on steelhead/sturgeon??? I know it slow - but this slow???
I have been out the last 3 months every weekend following every postitive report - and NOTHIING!!!
I'm going for sturgeon once again this weekend on the Columbia next to T-6 just north of the Willamette (if I can get my dam'd boat out of the shop tomorrow)...We have been trying shrimp/squid/rollmop/crawlers on top of shrimp/ everything....we are only getting shakers off of the shrimp. No keepers. We are finding out the wildlife reports are complete lies - last weekend (sat) we saw 1 steelhead caught the entire day at Kress lake(we were the 3-4th ones there) and the dam'd report today show'd they were killing them last saturday.....not very cool.....
Is anyone catching anything? I know it's cold out, but still.....
Trevor

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Before i came back to school the steelhead were running pretty damn good in the Smith River in nor cal. I got a few, biggest was 16lbs, my pops called me last night and said he got a 19lber with sea lice still on it, said she was bright as hell. I wish i was home!

When do the sturgen run up there, we wanna take the ol North River up there and hook onto a biggin!

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats a nice north river!! Once of these days I'll have a decent sled....I want a 4stroke - I'm sick of my dam'd 2 stroke...
The decent sized keepers should be bitting by march.....
The oversized Hogs (7-11' - where you use an entire shad) start in may up torwards the Bonneville dam.

I have always wondered how it is up that way (John Day)....One of these days I'll have to venture that way......

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Trevor 3blacktoys said:
Thats a nice north river!! Once of these days I'll have a decent sled....I want a 4stroke - I'm sick of my dam'd 2 stroke...
The decent sized keepers should be bitting by march.....
The oversized Hogs (7-11' - where you use an entire shad) start in may up torwards the Bonneville dam.

I have always wondered how it is up that way (John Day)....One of these days I'll have to venture that way......

ya, it was my pops mid life crisis... haha, 50 Gs seems a lil to much for me!

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
CWest said:
ya, it was my pops mid life crisis... haha, 50 Gs seems a lil to much for me!
50g's?!?!? that's waaay too much...
My parents purchased a well equiped commander(defrost/wipers/heaters/half shell, suspension seats ect. ect.) 23' North River jet sled for around (inboard 375HP!!) 32K.....
There first North River left them stranded more than 3 times in the Columbia - Apparently North River lives up to their standard. They replaced their sled with an entire new one - with an upgraded pump and engine and a few other bells and whistles worth over 5K than what they origonally paid..(for a 22')....just for their troubles.....North River :clap: will take my vote....
Trevor

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well - I'm off to bed. Got the boat out of the shop and picked up some shrimp on the way home....wish me luck...

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Trevor 3blacktoys said:
50g's?!?!? that's waaay too much...
My parents purchased a well equiped commander(defrost/wipers/heaters/half shell, suspension seats ect. ect.) 23' North River jet sled for around (inboard 375HP!!) 32K.....
There first North River left them stranded more than 3 times in the Columbia - Apparently North River lives up to their standard. They replaced their sled with an entire new one - with an upgraded pump and engine and a few other bells and whistles worth over 5K than what they origonally paid..(for a 22')....just for their troubles.....North River :clap: will take my vote....
Trevor

my pops got it off the floor in Roseburg. It was like 46K after everything was said and done. He got the best shit you can get on a commander, the hamilton 211, not 212, so he can take it into the ocean also. Complete guide pakage electronic kicker shit... i can't even begin to start the list lol. But a Comander for 32K thats a good deal! :eek: I think someone did their math a lil wrong on that sale. You can't even find a 2-4 year old commander for that cheap around here :confused:

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Maybe it was 42 not 32...I'll have to check into that :confused:
No-go on Sturgeon again - 26 of the 36 boats near T-6 yesterday didn't have a keeper by 1pm when the gamee came around. We only saw a few shakers caught - I ended up with the only 4 fish in our boat (all shakers) :(
Water temp was 36 degrees....That may have something to do with it :eek:
Trevor

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would love it alot more if it was mine!! LOL

Well, they opened Sundays up for Sturgeon since no one it catching anything....
50% more of a chance now!!
Trevor

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
LOL......Don't give me any ideas : )
My buddy just put a deposit down on a 19' Alumaweld at the Sportsman Show today. Looks like fishing gets a whole lot nicer....Without a gigantic payment!!! YEAA!!!
Trevor

1 - 15 of 15 Posts