TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
BOVADS beat me to #2 so I'll call it this since it was the day before the run that BOVADS posted;

My son Brandon (AKA BADAZ) came up with us to check out the rim road above Stawberry. We pulled off teh highway to see that the gate was open and a BA chevy on 35's was stuck 100 yards in;

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I pulled him out ahile B was airing down;

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We got past teh chevy and his holes he dug then started to head up the rim road toward Baker Butte. at teh split from Milk Ranch point the tracks ended, I got all 4 tires in fresh snow and was sunk;

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
We went in about 100 yards and I was getting along ok but BADAZ was sinkin cos, even though locked his short 31's were hurtin him.

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
we got turned around and decided to try to head out to MRP hoping the snow would be less deep and I also let him out front to try and cut trail. He got stuck once and in my haste i hooked up the yank strapp and pulled him out only to get a eal frickin tight know in it. Well since we only went a half mile and we had to go down a decent hill that we were going to have to come back upsomehow we decided to work on the knot;

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We got teh knot out and decided to turn around;

We got turned around and on the way out we came up to a couple of Rubicons stuck and winching eachother around;

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We had lunch here even though it was 2 oclock and let the ruby's get out of the way. Took a couple of pics while waiting;

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
we got past teh ruby's only to find out there was a stuck truck traffic jam at teh gate. didn't get any pics cos my photographers feet were cold.

I stopped and walked up to see what was up, there was a chevy with a quad in the bed stuck toteh left, an old 60's dodge crewcab with a rhino in the bed stuck to the right and a f150 SC stuff further in. I drove around them all, winched out the chevy then towed him to the highway, man was he pissed, winched out teh dodge and towed him to teh highway then winched/pulled out the ford. The guy in the ford was unbelievably grateful as his wife was fumin pissed. He offered $20 to Cristina as she was out of teh truck at this point to get soem pics, she said he doesn't owe us anything but he insisted, the others offered and I declined again but they insisted, so I made $60 in an hour and a half of towing out full size rigs. :D

Some of the comments Cristina heard while I was winching/towing were; "screw this rhino, I want a rig like that", "Man how does that rig just go where ever he wants it to?"

This guy showed up while I was pulling out teh dodge and cos he had a Geep thought he could go anywhere, well he was wrong and one of the Ruby guys winched him out before I could give him crap for bein a bonehead.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
LOL, that's good stuff right there. So the next trip is gonna be a weekend after the next snow storm?

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LOL, that's good stuff right there. So the next trip is gonna be a weekend after the next snow storm?
Thats the best bet.......hopefully a couple more this winter? :xrocker:

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nothing worse than getting stuck with your wife in the car. Nothing! :)
Depends on the wife...... Ex wife? oh hell yea..... hence the EX.

Current wife? no prob, she'll pull cable or help dig? help me stay warm too.. :p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts