TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it was 4 degrees out this morning and my truck gave a grumble when I tried to start her. It is 4 winters old and time for a new battery to prevent missed work. What battery should I get for a climate with some pretty cold winters?
Thanks
Anthony

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
avc8130 said:
Well, it was 4 degrees out this morning and my truck gave a grumble when I tried to start her. It is 4 winters old and time for a new battery to prevent missed work. What battery should I get for a climate with some pretty cold winters?
Thanks
Anthony
When I was living waaaay north, aside from plugging in the block heater (do you have one?), and running synthetic motor oil, I ran an electric battery blanket. Truck turned over every time, without hesitation, on the stock battery. Even at -50C (-58F).

·
Registered
264 Posts
avc8130 said:
Thanks
Anthony
I like the Optima 34R. It is rated at 800 CCA @ 0F.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok, its not THAT cold up here. it just so happens to dip down every once in a while and I am on the road in the morning when it is extra cold. i think i am going to get an optima red top so i never have to worry again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts