TTORA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the Sirius tuner for my Alpine deck. For the constant power connection, did you guys run it straight to the battery like the instruction suggested or use a fuse tap?

Does anyone have instruction on removing the headliner?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,388 Posts
Hey Jimmy! I put Sirius in my truck and it's awesome. Mine plugs right into the cigarette lighter so I don't have to mess with power supplies. Did you get the sport version?

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
272 Posts

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
snutty said:
i have a xm box, thats pretty simular... had a power, then a ground.. ..i taped it into the cig liggher wire...im sure tapping it into the power wire for the deck will be fine
Sat. is the shit!! So many fucking choices.

·
Registered
78 Posts

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rice Taco said:
hey i think i know what you are talking about. I just installed a clarion deck with sirius in my truck and had two different power wires, one 3v and the other 15. I just spliced them together to my power wire and it worked great.
Thanks. I just splice into the constant power on the wiring harness for the deck. It took me about 3 hrs to install it but its hidden and neat. Hey does your sirisu cut out? My cut out quite a few times today.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
drinkintedbr said:
Mine cuts out when I go under bridges and in tunnels. Other than that no problems.

YOu have sirius?

·
Old Timer
266 Posts
Super Doody said:
Thanks. I just splice into the constant power on the wiring harness for the deck. It took me about 3 hrs to install it but its hidden and neat. Hey does your sirisu cut out? My cut out quite a few times today.
We have Sirius here at work and it cuts out several time a day at ramdom times.... :confused:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Super Doody said:
yeah mine cuts out randomly too. That and the low bandwidth channels are my only complaints. I love the programming. Just wish the sound quality was better. My deck's msrp is 800, so i know its not a problem with my equipment.

·
Registered
78 Posts
SurfingDrunk said:
i presume you finally got a screen? which model?
VRX935VD?
Nah i decided to just use my portable dvd player for a screen and get a model with aux inputs and thx 5.1 surround sound. its the clarion dxz945mp.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I did the same as snutty, I removed the plastic cover on the three cig lighters and cut the wires, spliced in, and ran mini plug out. Works Great

·
Registered
48 Posts
Super Doody said:
I just got the Sirius tuner for my Alpine deck. For the constant power connection, did you guys run it straight to the battery like the instruction suggested or use a fuse tap?

Does anyone have instruction on removing the headliner?

Thanks

I spiced mine into the wiring harness into the ignition power wires, so it turns on and off just like the radio. I also put an inline fuse. Works like a charm. I got the color codes for the wires on customtacos.com. I also spiced my GPS power into constant on.

When I removed the head liner I just started unbolting stuff, i.e. map light, dome light, seat belt, oh-sh!t handle, etc...
I ran the antenna wire up the front oh-sh!t handle column and up in the headliner to the third brake light. The light unbolts from the inside.

It was a clean install, and took maybe 3-4 hours.

Have fun!!!

·
always a Toyota lover at heart
1,114 Posts
i got that Alpine Sirrius tuner as well
I would like to see pics of where you installed it and such
I can't wait!!!
thanks

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
98 Taco said:
i got that Alpine Sirrius tuner as well
I would like to see pics of where you installed it and such
I can't wait!!!
thanks
I mounted the tuner on the passenger side under kick panel.Its completely sealth. That area was the perfect size for the tuner. Hopefully my new camera will arrive today or tomorrow so I can get some pics.Good luck.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Is there anyway to run the antenna through the 3rd brake light without unbolting it from the inside.

Has anyone tried mounting the sportster type receiver in the ashtray's spot, if so how was it done?

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
BLT2RCKTRD said:
Is there anyway to run the antenna through the 3rd brake light without unbolting it from the inside.

Has anyone tried mounting the sportster type receiver in the ashtray's spot, if so how was it done?
I ran my XM antenna out of the 3rd brake light and I did take it off. It's easy, you just have to have a 10mm deep socket from the inside. There it a way to remove one of the bulb housings and notch a hole for the wire to go through, but I don't think you'll be happy with the result. And you'd have to notch a hole in the red cover as well. And you still have to pull the headliner down to get to that. So since it'll all be pulled apart anyway, why not save yourself the 5 minutes extra you'll spend notching stuff and unbolt the assembly.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Thats strange, I have a similar setup. I have a JVC kd-avx1 deck with the SIR-JVC1 Sirius adapter...but mine did not require any additional wiring, just plug it into the back of the deck.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts