TTORA Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought my first taco about 3 monts ago.....first taco but about the 5th toyota :D ...anyway its a 99 reg cab which i love but i really wish i had of waited and found an extended cab. not for aditional passengers but just for my stuff. i have no room in a reg cab. well my question is how much extra would i be lookin at paying for an ex cab? mine is in awsome sape(old man owned it and barely drove it) its got right @ 90k miles now. 2.7 5sp. :confused:

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
yeah i love my xcab...it fits people back there when it needs to, but mainly just for the extra room to keep my shit. go to www.kbb.com or www.edmunds.com and you can figure out how much one is worth with the options you want

·
Registered
72 Posts
My first Taco a few years ago was a regular cab. I currently have an Xtra cab and it is so much better. The only thing that I miss about my regular cab is the shorter wheelbase, wheeling capability (wheelbase) and the tighter turning radius (wheelbase).

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I now have a 99prerunner x-cab V6 TRD and I love all but the auto-2wd, imagine that?! But I use to have a single 90 4x which did great in dirf with the swaybar off for stock. I was almost set on a 98-00 single 4cyl stick 4x. But being that I started college and found that even bucket seats didn't give me enough room; I was always pilin shit on my my passenger seat then go pick up a friend on top of it! haha. So I set myself on getting a ex cab. If you look in it now, it has: 2-24pack of mt dew, 24pack dew trash box, 24pack dew can box, hamper full of dew 2l bottles (30+-) box of work stuff (gloves, rain gear), use to carry the welding stuff for class in it but got a locker at school, books, tool bag. Well regardless of all the mt dew stuff, I have a buttload of crap and am defenitely taking advantage of the space. My passenger seat only has my binder on it, haha.

·
Registered
196 Posts
ex. cabs are sweet, but idealy you need both. lol.
i have an ex cab 4x4 and i love it but i also am going to look for and older single cab for the trail.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I really like my reg cab. I made a truck box for in the bed for my garbage, and made a tailgate extender for my camping gear and atv. The tailgate makes the bed length about the same as without the box in it. I am toying with the idea of a raised rack like the nowgasa website truck has. That is cool. I guess the amount of space depends on how much crap you have and how much you want to engineer stuff.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
After having my 03 reg cab 2.7L for one year, I traded it in on a 04" SR5 V-6 TRD. Great upgrade! I love it! :D

·
Deal Master
2,775 Posts
tntaco said:
i just bought my first taco about 3 monts ago.....first taco but about the 5th toyota :D ...anyway its a 99 reg cab which i love but i really wish i had of waited and found an extended cab. not for aditional passengers but just for my stuff. i have no room in a reg cab. well my question is how much extra would i be lookin at paying for an ex cab? mine is in awsome sape(old man owned it and barely drove it) its got right @ 90k miles now. 2.7 5sp. :confused:
Just get a tool box for the bed.-
Much cheaper solution and should hold you until you find the Xtracab

I have an extra cab and still NEED a tool box in bed.

·
always a Toyota lover at heart
1,114 Posts
Are you going to lift it right away?
I installed a 3" bl right off the bat on my 1998, it was pretty easy, although, if I did it again I would probably only install a 1-2" bl, easier to cover the gap when you run an aftermarket front bumper
When I first did the suspension lift, I ran the Rancho 1.5" and it was def better than stock, but soon realized it was not going to perform the way i wanted and traded up to some used SAWs, 1-3" of lift up front and a set of AALs and a extended length shackle for the rear, I achieved 6" of lift and ran 33" ProComp MT's
I am not running new SAW's and AllPro leaf packs and AOR Bonz shackles
I am def higher now and am running 35" Wrangler MTRs

Anyway, std cabs are a great size for wheeling, but are uncomfortable to drive everyday, just because of the seats not reclining enough, for me
I have had great luck with mine and have had to do a few repairs and replace a few worn out items, but I have 153K and it is still going strong

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
I got my ex cab for 11k and it had less miles than 90k, you should make some friends at dealerships, it never hurts :)

·
Registered
485 Posts
Kyota said:
I now have a 99prerunner x-cab V6 TRD and I love all but the auto-2wd, imagine that?! But I use to have a single 90 4x which did great in dirf with the swaybar off for stock. I was almost set on a 98-00 single 4cyl stick 4x. But being that I started college and found that even bucket seats didn't give me enough room; I was always pilin shit on my my passenger seat then go pick up a friend on top of it! haha. So I set myself on getting a ex cab. If you look in it now, it has: 2-24pack of mt dew, 24pack dew trash box, 24pack dew can box, hamper full of dew 2l bottles (30+-) box of work stuff (gloves, rain gear), use to carry the welding stuff for class in it but got a locker at school, books, tool bag. Well regardless of all the mt dew stuff, I have a buttload of crap and am defenitely taking advantage of the space. My passenger seat only has my binder on it, haha.

Dude you need to cut down on your caffeine habit :D

Ryan

·
Registered
40 Posts
hartzpad said:
My first Taco a few years ago was a regular cab. I currently have an Xtra cab and it is so much better. The only thing that I miss about my regular cab is the shorter wheelbase, wheeling capability (wheelbase) and the tighter turning radius (wheelbase).
I agree on the long wheelbase, I've had my xtra cab for two years and I still can't get used to the wide turning radius, but the behind the seat space is priceless.
Maybe they should make a shortbox Xtra cab.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts