TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
04 trd 5spd 4x4 s/c urd magnaflow amsoil

i was gettting her tuned up the other day when i look at what my max boost was and it was about 7.5 psi. i have the pulley and i live at sea level and it doesnt make sense to me. i was told that some it is just different s/c and different engines and everything is different. is it possible to maybe go to a even smaller pulley to get to the 9 psi or should i just froget about it.

·
Smoked Out!
1,869 Posts
00trdtaco said:
04 trd 5spd 4x4 s/c urd magnaflow amsoil

i was gettting her tuned up the other day when i look at what my max boost was and it was about 7.5 psi. i have the pulley and i live at sea level and it doesnt make sense to me. i was told that some it is just different s/c and different engines and everything is different. is it possible to maybe go to a even smaller pulley to get to the 9 psi or should i just froget about it.
Where were you checking the boost? My boost guage reads about 1-2 psi lower that the FTC when it goes up that high. As stated above mine went slightly higher after a few hundred miles as well.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i was reading it from the ftc. i probably had the pulley on aboout 500 miles and it is a urd pulley. im not sure if there is any solution.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Your are reading it incorrectly. The pressure sensor inside the FTC is calibrated in a lab and non-self adjusting. What you need to do is turn your ignition on while connected and see which boost cell is highlighted then count over to the right until maximum cell reached. You will see that it's more than 7.5 psi.

·
Registered
239 Posts
00trdtaco said:
i was reading it from the ftc. i probably had the pulley on aboout 500 miles and it is a urd pulley. im not sure if there is any solution.
you can set diferent pessure scales in the options of the R4 sofware.

it sound like you are on gauge presure

switch to presure/vacume in the options menu

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
i just installed the boost guage. and it still reads at about 7ps1 when i have the 2.2 and stuff. did i just get a bad seed. im going o put on the stock pulley and see what psi that bueaty pulls.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts