TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for a truely free WMA to MP3 converter I keep finding crap ones with catch 22's my cell phone wont play any other format for some reason...

thanks

·
Registered
227 Posts
Just download limewire, and all of the songs that you download will be MP3's Easy as that. If you are getting the music from a CD just rip them from Windows Media Player. You can go in the WMP options and set the bit rate that it will rip them at. Thats the way that I do mine.

·
Registered
553 Posts
izahick1 said:
Just download limewire, and all of the songs that you download will be MP3's Easy as that.

That's not true! There are a few rogue .wma in there...

If you want a good one, that's free (kind of a hassle) but use the iTunes player... it's free... and it has one built in whenever you load songs in -- it'll convert .wma to .mp3

·
Registered
175 Posts
HoT_DoGgIN said:
That's not true! There are a few rogue .wma in there...

If you want a good one, that's free (kind of a hassle) but use the iTunes player... it's free... and it has one built in whenever you load songs in -- it'll convert .wma to .mp3

You can choose what songs to download...in fact you have to download each individually. So you only download what you want. In his case, MP3. But I'd recommend picking up itunes too if possible so you can make your own ringers...and itunes canplay MP4's which can be found on Llimewire as well.

To Op search "Tool ringtones" in Off topic and theres good info to make your own tones if you have yet to do so. Or go HERE

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got it to configure and now play on my phone. its the sony ericson w810i walkman phone. but I still can not use them as ringtones. just regular music. I have itunes but still not able to do mass transfers...

·
Registered
175 Posts
obex26 said:
I got it to configure and now play on my phone. its the sony ericson w810i walkman phone. but I still can not use them as ringtones. just regular music. I have itunes but still not able to do mass transfers...
You with Cingular?

·
Registered
175 Posts
obex26 said:
Not sure if you saw it in the link I included, but once you have the file made and the length the right size (roughly 30 sec). Save it on you computer in an obvious location.

Your MMS# (multimedia message #) is you phone number areacode too so like [email protected]

Enter this in your email program as the "to" item and just attach the files you just made. They will be sent to your phone in 5-20 min (mine were normally sent within 5min). I have successfully sent up to 3 at a time. Once you receive the message, view it and "extract the media" or from your view screen select options to see what it allows...it may be called something different. I have a Samsung D807 so the terminology is different.

The tones saved from the MMS are usually saved in "downloaded audio" and should be able to be applied as a ringer.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
izahick1 said:
Just download limewire, and all of the songs that you download will be MP3's Easy as that. If you are getting the music from a CD just rip them from Windows Media Player. You can go in the WMP options and set the bit rate that it will rip them at. Thats the way that I do mine.
Hmm... someone is stealing music!! :mad:

Just pay $0.99 cents per song!! it's that easy!! :)

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Animal said:
Hmm... someone is stealing music!! :mad:

Just pay $0.99 cents per song!! it's that easy!! :)
Why should I pay 99 cents when I spent 13 dollars on each cd??? I uploaded all 225 cd's and extracted from there. having bose audio system in my altima you REALLY can tell a difference in the quality of the music versus a burned audio. If its not an original it just sounds like crap...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts