TTORA Forum banner

Should we explore starting a NorNvTTORA chapter??

• No, don't think anyone would care like we do...

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering to myself, and now to you all, if there would be any interest starting a Northern Nevada chapter.:confused:

I know that most of our really active members are down here, but we do have a few up north, who poke their heads in every once in a while, plus there's Kurt and Joel.
:D
I think if anybody wanted to take it on, it could be done.
It would benefit the whole state, and get more active members up north.

So, we would also change our chapter to reflect and represent our Southern Nevada members.

How about SoNvTTORA?? And, NorNvTTORA??

·
Registered
137 Posts
What about a subsection in NVTTORA for Northern Nevada specific runs, questions, etc? See how big it gets. If it gets big enough to require it's own Chapter, then branch off?

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What about a subsection in NVTTORA for Northern Nevada specific runs, questions, etc? See how big it gets. If it gets big enough to require it's own Chapter, then branch off?

The trick is getting them involved. They pop on here, see that every run and event is down here, then they get frustrated, and go elsewhere.
The goal would be for someone to do, well, basically what I do....recruit new members, and have runs and events that gets people involved.
My thinking, that if there is a separate chapter, they'll feel that it's Their chapter, and take some pride in it, and make it grow.

Obviously, they can do that now as part of our state chapter, but seems like they don't.
Setting up something of their own might make more sense.
It works well in other states, with the right leadership up there, it would work. :D

·
Registered
648 Posts
This seems like a good way to have some unity, gauge interest, and as it grows they could decide if they want to branch off or whatever. I doubt they would want to though the more input on the board's the better and more interesting.:2cents:

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BUMP FOR A GOOD IDEA!!!

Any other input....how about from some of our Northern Nevada members....any input would be great!!! :D:D

·
Registered
704 Posts
i think this is the way to go and see if it takes off. if it does then the northern guys can run with it..

·
Registered
137 Posts
The trick is getting them involved. They pop on here, see that every run and event is down here, then they get frustrated, and go elsewhere.
The goal would be for someone to do, well, basically what I do....recruit new members, and have runs and events that gets people involved.
My thinking, that if there is a separate chapter, they'll feel that it's Their chapter, and take some pride in it, and make it grow.

Obviously, they can do that now as part of our state chapter, but seems like they don't.
Setting up something of their own might make more sense.
It works well in other states, with the right leadership up there, it would work. :D
I think it would be best for people to come to a site that has a lot of involvement, such as NVTTORA, rather than a new site with little members and threads/posts. I like the idea of Northern Nevada having their own section with geographically relevant subjects but being able to use the rest of the site for Tech, Off Topic, etc info.

Personally I would get bored real fast going to a board with little involvement. Once Northern Nevada picks up then it's a different story.

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think it would be best for people to come to a site that has a lot of involvement, such as NVTTORA, rather than a new site with little members and threads/posts. I like the idea of Northern Nevada having their own section with geographically relevant subjects but being able to use the rest of the site for Tech, Off Topic, etc info.

Personally I would get bored real fast going to a board with little involvement. Once Northern Nevada picks up then it's a different story.

So, is what your saying, is see if we can other forums to our site, and set them aside as for primary use by the guys up north? :confused:

·
Registered
137 Posts
So, is what your saying, is see if we can other forums to our site, and set them aside as for primary use by the guys up north? :confused:
Your post is a little confusing... But what I'm saying is add a subsection that the Northern Nevada guys can post topics relating to Northern Nevada events, trails, etc. It'll be part of NVTTORA so they'll still be able to post tech issues and stuff in here.

To clear up the post you referenced, if we were to create a NorNVTTORA and lets say we only have a few members. If I stumbled across that board and didn't see much activity by the low amount of members I may just head to a different site with more involvement. Now if we create a subsection on our board first and build a larger Northern NV member base then we can branch off. People stumbling across a board with many new topics, runs, etc will be more inclined to join and participate. Atleast, that's the way I see it :)

·
Registered
534 Posts
Look at the time Robert posted and if you know Robert then you will realize the issues!!:D
I would agree with just adding a nor nv section on here instead of creating two different boards...atleast for now!!

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Your post is a little confusing... But what I'm saying is add a subsection that the Northern Nevada guys can post topics relating to Northern Nevada events, trails, etc. It'll be part of NVTTORA so they'll still be able to post tech issues and stuff in here.

To clear up the post you referenced, if we were to create a NorNVTTORA and lets say we only have a few members. If I stumbled across that board and didn't see much activity by the low amount of members I may just head to a different site with more involvement. Now if we create a subsection on our board first and build a larger Northern NV member base then we can branch off. People stumbling across a board with many new topics, runs, etc will be more inclined to join and participate. At least, that's the way I see it :)
That makes perfect sense, and that's why I posted this idea, to see what would make sense. I'll get with Carl (Web Master) and see if he can't design a section dedicated to our northern members. :D

Look at the time Robert posted and if you know Robert then you will realize the issues!!:D
I would agree with just adding a nor NV section on here instead of creating two different boards...at least for now!!
:flipoff3::wiggle::neener::xmoon::flipoff3::aahg:

·
Registered
648 Posts
Seeing as not one person from up north has posted there input I think we have an answer as to the amount of interest there is for a sub-section. I am more concerned W/ building up interest around here. So Prez. (let me acknowledge how very Hip Hop the spelling of your title is:)) what is going on W/ our tagging cards and sticker's?:2cents:

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Seeing as not one person from up north has posted there input I think we have an answer as to the amount of interest there is for a sub-section. I am more concerned W/ building up interest around here. So Prez. (let me acknowledge how very Hip Hop the spelling of your title is:)) what is going on W/ our tagging cards and sticker's?:2cents:

There's nothing wrong with my spelling!! :flipoff4::doh:

·
Registered
704 Posts
this is the Nevada board not the southern Nevada board. just because most of us live in the souther part doesn't mean we cant share the board. they should get a section of the NEVADA board to help facilitate there activities.
we stand united as one Nevada. :D:xusflag:

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
this is the Nevada board not the southern Nevada board. just because most of us live in the southern part doesn't mean we cant share the board. they should get a section of the NEVADA board to help facilitate there activities.
we stand united as one Nevada. :D:xusflag:

You're a couple of days late!!
We've already figured it out. And no, my idea wasn't a bad one, as other states with an extreme distance between the major cities of population have South and north chapters.
California, Texas, etc... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
You're a couple of days late!!
We've already figured it out. And no, my idea wasn't a bad one, as other states with an extreme distance between the major cities of population have South and north chapters.
California, Texas, etc... :rolleyes:
Theres a nor cal TTORA chapter? shiet, doesnt appear to be one if you look at the amount of activity

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
There's a nor cal TTORA chapter? shiet, doesn't appear to be one if you look at the amount of activity

Well, there was!! What's his face...I forgot his name......ran his girlfriends Tacoma off of Lions Back a while back as he was drinking and driving.
He was the President of the chapter until then, then he stepped down.
I forgot who took over for him, thinking Hytenor, but that may not be right. :rolleyes:

What, nobody do anything in your chapter anymore?? :confused:

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
That was a whiiiiiile back, then Rob took over, moved to Georgia, and Anthony, our VP is stepping down to focus mainly on NC4W. Were trying to get it going again so any Reno area folks want to shoot down 80 to wheel let me know we'll plan a trip somewhere. And no, there isn't a whole lot going on in the chapter

1 - 20 of 23 Posts