TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just put on dakar leafs and old man N182 shocks

take a look at these pictures

if you wonder why your truck sags with a bag of sand in it .

http://divetx.org/mods/DSC00629.JPG

see the rest

http://divetx.org/mods/

you can do this yourself if you can pick up 60 lbs.

time on right side 4 hours time on left side 2.5 hours with time for food.

can you belive toyota calls that OffRoad

that just wrong. what off road golf course perhaps ??

:2cents:

leafs dakar CS047R
shocks Old Man EMU N182

little info on the shocks
http://www.rocky-road.com/omeshocks.html

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Yeah, before I did my Dakars, I had airbags in the truck. That's the only way I could haul any construction materials for my house remodel. I also tried the AAL...no thanks. Toyota builds the back end of this truck for soccer moms, not contractors.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Um.. The "sag" you are talking about is also known as "flex". Flex is what you want in an offroad truck. Your new leaf pack will be able to haul more, but at the expence of flex. You now have worse off-camber traction.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No I dont belive i am mistaken, picture this , throw all your camping gear
for several days fishing down the beach and install the wife and away you go,
first thing you notice is the truckers start flashing lights at you, well I guess
my headlights are pointed at the sky because the ass end of my tacoma
is dragging. I tried the air bags , they gave a interesting ride when at full load
and 20psi , It was the expected rubber bouncy ball feeling.

My use of this truck is daily beater then down the beach always past the
deep sand warning signs. Im not a rock crawler so I dont care much of flex,
I can say the tacoma is one of the best things I have ever driven in deep sand compared to nearly stock CJ-7 Jeep , F150 , F250 that I have owned
in the past.

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
Um.. The "sag" you are talking about is also known as "flex". Flex is what you want in an offroad truck. Your new leaf pack will be able to haul more, but at the expence of flex. You now have worse off-camber traction.
I got more travel out of a pair of Deaver 9 leafs than I ever could with a stock pack... and I could carry more weight. The thickness of the leafs, length, # of leafs all effect the pack... before you spout off info make sure it is correct.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
planohog, are you saying you don't want your springs to compress? :confused:

I'm not sure what you're on about, but Toyota's suspension is what is most cost effective to please the majority of their market. They can't put in a $1000 OME kit for the same $100-odd that the Bilsteins cost and still make the truck as great a value as would please Juan the landscaper, Sally the theater worker or Bob the handyman. A true off-road package doesn't exist in any vehicle. Nissan, Ford, OR Jeep.
Hell, I'd rather have 4 fewer cupholders in exchange for a locking tailgate. I'd rather nix the change tray and have a roll-down rear window. I don't have kids, why do they think I need child seat attachment points? They made it marketable nonetheless.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Don't know what planet you are from, but my Dakars have more arch, more leafs, heavier OL spring, and they ride good and outflex my stock springs by 4+ inches. I had to buy longer bils for the back after installing them. I am actually quoting real numbers here, not talking out of my ass. I ramped the truck, before and after. I even have to change out my limit straps for a longer set. Plus, my airbags didn't give me any bouncy feeling, especially when loaded. When they were unloaded and at 20 psi, you didn't even know they were back there. That boucy ball feeling is most likely the stock shocks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts