TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
04 trd 4x4 manual. s/c urd magnaflow and amsoil. synthetics all around.

wont shift when near 5ooorpm.

i have never had a problem with this but yeterday i tried to step here down and shift right at 5000rpms but the stick went to second but it stayed in nuetral and after it smelt like burnt clutch. i asked a mechanic ans he said that i glazed my clutch and th smell should go away and it happens once in a while. i waited a day and tried to do the same thing and the same results with the burnt clutch smell. it is not like im going to be steping it down like evryday but i would like too know that i have the power to . im scared. what would you recomend..

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
a new clutch that will handle the power that you have. let me guess, you are still on your stock clutch

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
To much torque for the clutch. The problem will only get worse if you glazed your clutch and pressure plate. There isnt any easy or quick fix short of getting a new clutch.

Tim

·
Registered
84 Posts
Sounds like you need some driving lessons to me...my 01 has no problem with the stock clutch and can chirp 3rd gear on agressive shifts at redline! I have also raced it at the track with no slipping problems to the tune of 14.5 at 94 mph.Make sure your foot is completely off the pedal on acceleration.

·
Registered
143 Posts
00trdtaco said:
04 trd 4x4 manual. s/c urd magnaflow and amsoil. synthetics all around.

wont shift when near 5ooorpm.

i have never had a problem with this but yeterday i tried to step here down and shift right at 5000rpms but the stick went to second but it stayed in nuetral and after it smelt like burnt clutch. i asked a mechanic ans he said that i glazed my clutch and th smell should go away and it happens once in a while. i waited a day and tried to do the same thing and the same results with the burnt clutch smell. it is not like im going to be steping it down like evryday but i would like too know that i have the power to . im scared. what would you recomend..
Go here...this should help out.
http://www.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/

·
Registered
24 Posts
If you are making more aggressive shifts, you will likely need a clutch providing more clamping.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts