TTORA Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
04 trd 4x4 manual. s/c urd
wont shift when near 5ooorpm.

i have never had a problem with this but yeterday i tried to step here down and shift right at 5000rpms but the stick went to second but it stayed in nuetral and after it smelt like burnt clutch. i asked a mechanic ans he said that i glazed my clutch and th smell should go away and it happens once in a while. i waited a day and tried to do the same thing and the same results with the burnt clutch smell. it is not like im going to be steping it down like evryday but i would like too know that i have the power to . im scared. what would you recomend..

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,595 Posts
00trdtaco said:
04 trd 4x4 manual. s/c urd
wont shift when near 5ooorpm.

i have never had a problem with this but yeterday i tried to step here down and shift right at 5000rpms but the stick went to second but it stayed in nuetral and after it smelt like burnt clutch. i asked a mechanic ans he said that i glazed my clutch and th smell should go away and it happens once in a while. i waited a day and tried to do the same thing and the same results with the burnt clutch smell. it is not like im going to be steping it down like evryday but i would like too know that i have the power to . im scared. what would you recomend..
Still have the stock clutch? Sounds like the clutch is taking a beating and isn't able to handle the extra HP from the supercharger. Time to save a few bucks and prepare to swap in a stronger clutch.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.