TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got my saws today!!!!! was a pleasant suprise to get them a day early. hope to get them on tommorrow(damn chores getting in the way)
-daniel

·
Registered
232 Posts
Cooool Daniel, What setup did you have in the front? Wasn't it a full OME 882 kit? I have been thinking about coilovers, but how is the extra coin justified, is there more travel, better ride??? Just curious, I plan on doing a SAS down the road a little further, but if the coilovers are worth it, it would be a lot cheaper and easier than SAS. Sorry for the newbie questions hope you can make it to SETO.
Jason

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Cooool Daniel, What setup did you have in the front? Wasn't it a full OME 882 kit? I have been thinking about coilovers, but how is the extra coin justified, is there more travel, better ride??? Just curious, I plan on doing a SAS down the road a little further, but if the coilovers are worth it, it would be a lot cheaper and easier than SAS. Sorry for the newbie questions hope you can make it to SETO.
Jason

they give you a better ride, and they are adjustable which allows you to adjust the height to compensate for a winch and bumper, eliminating sag. money well spent;)

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
i had to switch to coilovers when i put a winch in my bumper. The ome 882s could not hold up the extra weight of the bumper and winch. The truck would noise dive every time i hit the brakes.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jason
i've got the 882's up front and they are holding up O.K. right now but i could tell a difference when i put the bud skids on, which added about 130lbs. really wanted something adjustable for the bumper and winch i'd like to have soon. travel is the same as far as i know, i didn't get extended length or new control arms. i too would like to sas my truck but $5k minimum is alot of money and realistically ain't gonna happen for a few years, sooooooooo i went the coilover route so i can wheel now. i thaught you had a trail rig project already? i really doubt we're gonna make it to SETO but i will have someone bring your clamps up that you let me borrow. hope this helps. hope to have the coilovers on tonite after i cut the backyard.
-daniel

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Hey Daniel, may I ask where you got them and how much you paid? 2.0 or 2.5 version? In the market for some myself.

i got mine for 650 to my door as well from ebay. i think wheelers also has them for around that price.

·
Premium Member
8,407 Posts

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
I don't know where the problem started, it must of been putting a badass bumper on the truck w/ a winch that has some balls!:D

The front end suspension had 60k miles on it, it was just time to upgrade.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
i got mine for 650 to my door as well from ebay. i think wheelers also has them for around that price.
i got mine for 450(ish) for mine :D from jack

they where used when i got them and are in good condition.

·
Registered
232 Posts
i thaught you had a trail rig project already? i really doubt we're gonna make it to SETO but i will have someone bring your clamps up that you let me borrow.
I do have an 85 and an 82 Toyota. Both need money and time thrown at them. The 82 I am thinking of either pulling the front axle for a SAS on my 04or selling. The 85 I have started accumulating parts for. I have a Hy steer kit and a gear set and ARB locker setup for it, still need an IFS box...I probably will get the axles done by Rylee's 4x4 in the next month or so, I also want to twinstick and cage it before I wheel it. It has a few issues with the front suspension I have yet to track down as well.
Don't worry about the clamps I will get them from you sometime..No Hurry.
Jason

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey Daniel, may I ask where you got them and how much you paid? 2.0 or 2.5 version? In the market for some myself.
hey thad, got them from performance accecessories. beleive it or not they have a low price gurantee so i told them wheeler's price was $670 to my door and he said he could do $650. ordered them friday evening and got them wednesday. wheeler's might be able to do the same since they cover the shipping but i figured $650 was pretty good plus they shipped from jacksonville,fl instead of oregon. oh ya, they are the 2.0's. i was thnking of getting the 2.5's but didn't think it was worth the extra $$$$$ since we don't do much high speed offroading around here. the 2.0's look alot bigger in person than they do in the magaizine.
-daniel

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I was referring to christians OMEs not standing up to the weight of the winch. ;)
it's all good, just bust'n your balls!!!:)
-daniel

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I do have an 85 and an 82 Toyota. Both need money and time thrown at them. The 82 I am thinking of either pulling the front axle for a SAS on my 04or selling. The 85 I have started accumulating parts for. I have a Hy steer kit and a gear set and ARB locker setup for it, still need an IFS box...I probably will get the axles done by Rylee's 4x4 in the next month or so, I also want to twinstick and cage it before I wheel it. It has a few issues with the front suspension I have yet to track down as well.
Jason
sounds like you got your hands full! it wouldn't be a problem dropping them of to marshall(i don't think he'd mind) since i drive right be his house to and from work.
-daniel

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Thanks Daniel. I just ordered a set of 2.0's from Wheeler's for $637.50. I got them to price match. Hopefully they are here before SETO.

hey thad, got them from performance accecessories. beleive it or not they have a low price gurantee so i told them wheeler's price was $670 to my door and he said he could do $650. ordered them friday evening and got them wednesday. wheeler's might be able to do the same since they cover the shipping but i figured $650 was pretty good plus they shipped from jacksonville,fl instead of oregon. oh ya, they are the 2.0's. i was thnking of getting the 2.5's but didn't think it was worth the extra $$$$$ since we don't do much high speed offroading around here. the 2.0's look alot bigger in person than they do in the magaizine.
-daniel

·
Registered
429 Posts
Jason
Pull a part in Norcross has a 95 4runner with the IFS box still there if you are interested.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts