TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a lot has been said of multiple Taco Issues not being covered. Word of mouth can make or break business. If things continue at this rate with problems, and Toyota's lack of responsibility it will catch up to them eventually. People are smart and sites like this influence people's decisions in buying a product. Hopefully they will realize this, and take care of people. Trying to screw loyal customers is a great way to screw themselves. Like many have said Toyota can't bank on a reputaion of yesteryear!

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
layzboy2 said:
I know a lot has been said of multiple Taco Issues not being covered. Word of mouth can make or break business. If things continue at this rate with problems, and Toyota's lack of responsibility it will catch up to them eventually. People are smart and sites like this influence people's decisions in buying a product. Hopefully they will realize this, and take care of people. Trying to screw loyal customers is a great way to screw themselves. Like many have said Toyota can't bank on a reputaion of yesteryear!
what the hell does this have to do with 4x4 tech, and what the fuck does what u said warrent a new thread?? post crap like this in one of the 25 other threads about this same shit

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
screbr said:
Problems with your Taco?
No! But mine is a '99. Never had a problem with it. I am considering upgrading to an '08 but am having reservations if this kind of crap continues. Maybe a pre '05 Dbl Cab might be a better option!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LavosTRD said:
what the hell does this have to do with 4x4 tech, and what the fuck does what u said warrent a new thread?? post crap like this in one of the 25 other threads about this same shit
Wow! Have we taken our medication today? Chill Man!

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
LavosTRD said:
:rofl:

You are right, but... There are alot of threads about this already, and this isnt "TECH"...

·
Registered
315 Posts
Dont buy one if you dont like them.....

I have 05 reg cab 4cyl 5speed and i trust that toyota is still building the same great trucks that they did in the 1980's and people are still wheeling the piss out of most of them. I love my truck and think i will still be wheeling and loving it 20+ years.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Toymachine said:
Dont buy one if you dont like them.....
And that will send a much stronger message than buying one and then complaining about it. This is the reason that I believe domestic companies still put out some of the shit that they do (not all of the cars). Because people still buy what they make.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
stu said:
And that will send a much stronger message than buying one and then complaining about it. This is the reason that I believe domestic companies still put out some of the shit that they do (not all of the cars). Because people still buy what they make.
I agree! I will not buy domestic again! I think the Taco is still the best truck on the market. Just take care of the customer that's all

·
Registered
132 Posts
layzboy2 said:
I agree! I will not buy domestic again! I think the Taco is still the best truck on the market. Just take care of the customer that's all
the factory that makes tacos has one truck off the line every 82 seconds. think of the volume of trucks that are out there, and the limited amount of issues. i think if you asked how many people are trouble free, or how many have had their issues fixed that number might out weigh the ones having problems.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
teamblend said:
the factory that makes tacos has one truck off the line every 82 seconds. think of the volume of trucks that are out there, and the limited amount of issues. i think if you asked how many people are trouble free, or how many have had their issues fixed that number might out weigh the ones having problems.

Good Point!

·
Registered
9 Posts
layzboy2 said:
Well, when I traded my 94 Toyota 4X4 extended cab for a 2006 Honda Ridgeline I joined the Ridgeline forum. After 9 months, I knew I'd made a mistake. I missed the control over 4X4 (not all wheel drive) and better fit-n-finish. My 06 Taco Double cab 4X4 is better in every regard to my 94 so far. I missed having leather and a sunroof for a short while but the Toyota rides better, gets better gas mileage and looks great! I have noticed here that there are a lot of people that are passionate about their rigs too.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
TexnNC said:
Well, when I traded my 94 Toyota 4X4 extended cab for a 2006 Honda Ridgeline I joined the Ridgeline forum. After 9 months, I knew I'd made a mistake. I missed the control over 4X4 (not all wheel drive) and better fit-n-finish. My 06 Taco Double cab 4X4 is better in every regard to my 94 so far. I missed having leather and a sunroof for a short while but the Toyota rides better, gets better gas mileage and looks great! I have noticed here that there are a lot of people that are passionate about their rigs too.
Great observation about the passion people feel for their trucks, we all are to a point..
I too drove a Ridgeline, it was one of 7 vehicles I drove before going back for the Taco. It was nice if you just wanna to go from point a-b. The trunk idea was kind of cool, but lack of payload etc. I had a large lapse of judgment and traded in my third Toy (97 e-cab 4x4 tacoma) :banghead: and got a frigging depreciation magnet 2004 Hyundai for year, came to my senses and got the 05 d-cab. Much better choice of vehicles.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I think it's interesting that you didn't feel that the Ridgeline was built well as Honda has just as good of build quality as Toyota ever has. I understand not liking the 4wd and all the other crap though. Is the Ridgeline a unibody?

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
stu said:
I think it's interesting that you didn't feel that the Ridgeline was built well as Honda has just as good of build quality as Toyota ever has. I understand not liking the 4wd and all the other crap though. Is the Ridgeline a unibody?
I am pretty sure the Ridgeline is a unibody, it is built on the same 'frame' as the Pilot. The 3500 lb tow limit was a big limiting factor. I would say that Honda and Toyota quality is comparable, resale on both is great. The Ridgeline also brought back memories of the BRAT and an El Camino...

·
Registered
9 Posts
It was the fit with the panels and styling as far as build quality. It is a unibody. Trans was smoother than Toyota. We've got an Odyssey and I ride an Interceptor. May sound weird but aside from the dismal gas mileage it wasn't growing on me at all. Great features but not the character of the Tacoma.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Yeah, I'm not sure how the Ridgeline was supposedly voted "best new truck" must have been by a bunch of car people.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Yea, reading the car and driver report on it (the Ridgeline) they raved about the smooth ride it had. I thought "Give me a break, trucks arn't supposed to have smooth rides. Want a smooth ride, get a car."

Anyway, I think a lot of the Toyota complaints have to do with Toyota converts who were expecting something diffrent and now they didn't get what they wanted or it didn't meet their expectations.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I don't even see the Tacoma and the Ridgeline in the same class of truck. Before I bought my Tacoma I heard Honda was coming out with a truck, so I went and talked to the dealer and did a little research, it is a glorified car with a truck bed and all wheel drive. Someone else made a comparison to the Brat and the El Camino, and that's all it is. This sight is Toyota Territory Off Roaders Association.....I couldn't imagine a sight Honda Territory Off Roaders Association and seeing Ridglines doing half of the shit the Tacomas are doing. I could see someone come limping home from a trail after a simple flat tire with that donut of a spare they offer just so your truck can have a trunk......great idea, but it's not a truck. I've had problems with Toyota's warranty like many others, but that doesn't make it any less of a truck; I still would take it up against anything else on or off the road. But, it is too bad they couldn't stand behind the product a little more. Maybe if they did, the Tacoma would be a lot more like a Ridgeline.

·
Registered
680 Posts
layzboy2 said:
Bullshit! The new Ford Ranger kicks ass!

:xpopcorn2 :suicide:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts