TTORA Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

suggestions for 2016 trd off-road work truck to keep rear from sagging when towing and hauling my tools around. Needs new tires and it sags from me towing and hauling my tools.

It needs new tires so if love to lift it and get 285’s on it.

It has billstein shocks front and rear with 265-70-16 falken tires on 16” vision wheels.

It looks like it has a thin spacer on top of the front coils but I’m not sure.

the height currently is

22-1/2” from center of wheel straight up to center of wheel well in the front.

23” from center of wheel straight up to wheel well in rear.

Any thought on lifts for me?

Old Man Emu has a 3” lift with heavy load leaf springs, new shocks for the rear and coils for the front for about $1700.

Thanks for the help.

Damon

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,697 Posts
That OME kit would be a good option. The Dakar packs should help with the rear sag. If you really load up the rear, you might have to upgrade to custom springs, but the Dakar springs work for most situations.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had 1200 pounds of a deck demo in the 5’ bed within 12 hours of buying it…. But that isn’t common for me. Probably 2-3 times a week I’m moving 500 or 600 pounds of something around. So it seems like the OME 3” lift with the heavy duty rear springs is a decent match

·
Registered
280 Posts
I have the OME HD rear leaf packs on my '01. The rear end rides surprisingly well when unloaded, I've been happy with them. I've done 1/4 yard loads of gravel (half 6' bed full) plus lumber and about 6 concrete bags with zero feel that it was overloaded, still rode great. That was about 1200 pounds.
There was a weird break in period where the rear end would sometimes resonate with road dips. At 65mph it was downright scary. Haven't experienced it in a while so I'm hoping it was a break-in thing but can't be certain I haven't hit the right road waves and weight.
The OME leaf packs sit flat when unloaded. It looks disconcerting but it works.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts