TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had em on for bout 6 months and now they have play (up down) at the rear shock mounts. comfort shocks on a 00 x cab 4x4 w u bolt flip and dakars.

anyone had this prob?

·
Registered
854 Posts
Can't say I have. The poly bushings that come with the OME shocks usually last the life of the shock. Did you put any grease on them prior to the install? I remember when you got your lift as mine was right around the same time. I haven't had any of these problems??? Do you do a lot of hard wheeling? I did not do a u-bolt flip. Maybe that has something to do with it? Did you check the thickness of the shock mount on the aftermarket flip kit to see if it the same thickness at the stock mount? That could be your answer and why you have some play with the lower shock mount???

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
everything was tight. i checked it at least 4 times since i put all the crap on and it was ok.
im wondering if the cold played a role. i flexed it out pretty bad in the rear backing up on my front lawn 2 wks ago to unload some carpet. it was very shortly after that that i noticed the clunking.
i took it to a shop w 3 different sets of bushings (all not ome) and said make it work. its way too frickin cold outside to to be under the truck. so ya. weel see im waiting for the call now.

all u dudes w ome get someone to jump on your rear bumper and check for me. look for play at the mount (up down).

thanks

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hah im a retard

u bolt flip shock brackets + ome bushings intended for stock toy shock mounts = not good. the bolts met the bushings and ate em away. fixed it by using 2 energy bushings that fit perfect and two steel sleves to go between the bolt and bushing. no more clunks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts