TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rear springs in my truck are flat and just about to bend the wrong way. Would putting in 3 in. add a leafs raise it 3 in or would it just raise it back to stock? I thought about putting in Chevy leafs but i heard they ride like a rock.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
You may gain some very temporary lift if you add an AAL, but if your springs are badly worn, you'll end up putting a LOT of stress on that one leaf. Call around for re-arching prices, or buy a new leaf pack.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I'm kinda in the same boat. I didn't realize how bad mine were till I just took some pics. I REALLY can't afford to do new leaf packs right now, so I would probably be better off with the Deaver 3 leaf, right?

I bought it from a friend, and I know he used to tow his ski boat with it, and bring a waverunner in the back, but he didn't load it up much besides that. It only has 52K on it...

Would there be a difference between the Deaver 3 leaf, and a long AAL in terms of how much more life I could get out of them?

·
Banned
1,521 Posts
anestech* said:
I'm kinda in the same boat. I didn't realize how bad mine were till I just took some pics. I REALLY can't afford to do new leaf packs right now, so I would probably be better off with the Deaver 3 leaf, right?

Would there be a difference between the Deaver 3 leaf, and a long AAL in terms of how much more life I could get out of them?
You may want to look on my site (whenever my host gets the friggen thing back up) for the leaf pack rebuild. Rearching, again, is my suggestion though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts