TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Worst or funniest on trail??

Whats the worst or funniest thing to ever happen to you on the trail??

I've only been about a half dozen times, so completely F**king up my driver side rocker panel ranks #1 on my worst list. :mad: Oh yeah now I can't get full coverage ins. til I fix it - Oh well fuck 'em.

Or the funniest thing you've seen......

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
Oh boy! I don't think there is going to be enoug band width on this site for everyone's antidotes! and I would also suspect some of the old timers have so many stories, that they probably have forgotten more than most of us can think about.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
last year at TO........we were going down a trail that made a tight (required 3 point turn) bend around some trees and it was fairly off camber.......I was 3rd or 4th in line and just as I started into the bend my truck was swarmed with bees........both my windows were down so the truck was completely full of these pissed off bees in like .2 seconds........I ended up getting stung upwards of ten times.............It sucked for me and my buddy riding with me but it had to be hilarious for the people behind me watching him flailing around swatting the bees and me while I tried to get through the turn without hitting anything LOL

·
Registered
597 Posts
my buddy in a 93 explorer built a snowman on our last snow wheelin trip then decided he wanted to hit with his explorer, well long story short he was smiling and laughin all they up to hittin the snowman and his head bouncin across the hood, then in an instant his face turned to a shock look and that smile went upside down, he then slid into a tree breaking his headligh assembly and crumpling his passenger fender which resulted in the door not being able to open, and the hood got a little crumpled, no one got hurt and i made him pick up all the plastic and stuff by the tree while everyone with us was rolling luaghin, he didnt have a bumper on at the time which resulted in his damage, yeah he is an idiot but it was funny and he wasnt goin fast it just slid instead of stoppin it was a nice and slow slide too haha enough time for him to yell nooooo he is an idiot as you can tell ill see if i can find some pics hahaha

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
getiign hit next to my eye in a cow pie fight in baja...made me bleed:D

·
Registered
414 Posts
Probably the worst time was when I forgot to bring some bottled water for myself and had to ask my friend for a sip.

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
miguelitro said:
getiign hit next to my eye in a cow pie fight in baja...made me bleed:D

haha that was some good shit right there

·
Registered
66 Posts
I was riding bitch in a single cab Tacoma, dumb enough to ride without a seatbelt, hit some whoops, got a concussion...This was several years ago, the first and only time I had ever not put a seatbelt on...what I did was incredibly stupid, now I will not allow anyone in my truck without putting a seatbelt on. Not too funny from my point of view but the video from inside the cab is hilarious

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
stu said:
Probably the worst time was when I forgot to bring some bottled water for myself and had to ask my friend for a sip.

Too bad he did not ask what was the worst thing that ever happened to you in a stageing area.........you would have had a much better story :)

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
Full_Tilt_Fud said:
last year at TO........we were going down a trail that made a tight (required 3 point turn) bend around some trees and it was fairly off camber.......I was 3rd or 4th in line and just as I started into the bend my truck was swarmed with bees........both my windows were down so the truck was completely full of these pissed off bees in like .2 seconds........I ended up getting stung upwards of ten times.............It sucked for me and my buddy riding with me but it had to be hilarious for the people behind me watching him flailing around swatting the bees and me while I tried to get through the turn without hitting anything LOL
LOL man the really suckssss!! Funny shit thou.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
En Route back from Puntas Cabras to Ensenada we were on a pretty well washed out trail, it was to the point that after a few more rains with out maintenance it would be become impassable IMO. So there were large holes all over the trail. Now, these were odd holes that I have never seen before, the would go down about 3 feet in depth and expand to about 9 feet in diameter. They were neat to see. So we were following a Jeep with their Chaser Trailer, and the commented on the CB to watch out for a hole in the middle of the trail. Well in my stupidity I missed the hole but was so focused on that hole I hit a wash out on the side of the trail. To my luck a buddy came flying out and jumped on the side of our truck. He also got to use his winch for the first time (too bad it was on me, but boy am I thankful!)

Wasn't funny then, but now it is hilarious! Here is the pictures...

·
Registered
1,230 Posts

did this earlier in the day, but comeing from the other way made it a little harder! should have stopped when i got here but i tried several times....

also did both of these at takeover last year (2006) one was the night run (really sucked) and the other was on a hill climb i did the day before with no problems but slid into a tree the next day. i was not impressed with my self!

·
Banned
1,254 Posts
flyingwil said:
En Route back from Puntas Cabras to Ensenada we were on a pretty well washed out trail, it was to the point that after a few more rains with out maintenance it would be become impassable IMO. So there were large holes all over the trail. Now, these were odd holes that I have never seen before, the would go down about 3 feet in depth and expand to about 9 feet in diameter. They were neat to see. So we were following a Jeep with their Chaser Trailer, and the commented on the CB to watch out for a hole in the middle of the trail. Well in my stupidity I missed the hole but was so focused on that hole I hit a wash out on the side of the trail. To my luck a buddy came flying out and jumped on the side of our truck. He also got to use his winch for the first time (too bad it was on me, but boy am I thankful!)

Wasn't funny then, but now it is hilarious! Here is the pictures...

wow..

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
Full_Tilt_Fud said:
I'll add my stories from last years T.O as well. Seems our little group had an adventure.

My trip started out by my powersteering pump puking it guts on the highway on the way down to take over. (todd knows all too well what my powersteering fluid looked like didn't you?LOL)

Then once we finally were able to hit the trails. I tagged along with a level #2 group since I was having steering issues already. Ended up bashing the side of my truck in a spot everyone else in the group was able to get through easily. In the same instance I punctured a side wall on a tire. Got that fixed, and then proceeded to have my steering shaft break on the very next trail! I wasn't even hitting an obsticle when it let loose.

Two hours later, after multiple attempts of a duel battery weld job that didn't want to work we got back to the base where I was able to replace my steering pump with a replacement part that was overnighted.

Rewelded the steering shaft and was able to get back on the trail the next day. Only to have to be winched up an easy trail due to my tires just digging in instead of climbing.

Once on top of that trail we went down another tight twisty trail where I almost slid down an embankment due to my turning radius not being as tight as everyone elses!

After that everything seemed to smooth out and I was able to run the rest of the weekend without any other troubles, other than tight 20 point turns where everyone else was making 3 point turns!

man that was a fun weekend!:D I had a blast! The most carniage I have experienced in one weekend but still fun due to having to figure out solutions to problems I thought I would never have!

It also seems since doing the SAS I have had more trail "stories" than when I was IFS seems having a SAS means more opportunity to get yourself into tighter pickles! I could tell you a tale about breaking my front gears 45 minutes on the trail after a rainy night that prevented me from setting up camp. Which only took me 4 hours to get to. but as they say that is another story for another time!

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
flyingwil said:
En Route back from Puntas Cabras to Ensenada we were on a pretty well washed out trail, it was to the point that after a few more

i know that road very well. just north of calaveras on the way to santo tomas. there are some hairy sections in the truck but if you want to really make it intersting blast throught there at 40 on a motorcycle :D

there is a really neat road just north of there connecting punta san jose to la bocana, goes by this big coastal mining operation, you should definatly check it out next time. just make a left on the way out to santo tomas or dont make the left to erendira going in.
Mike

·
Registered
757 Posts
I was spotting my buddies lifted Scout through the lower rock garden at Holcomb creek. Im standing to the driver side of his front end so he can see me, digital camera in hand, when suddenly his lower radiator hose blows off, letting loose with the 140 degree contents of the cooling system..... ALL FRICKIN OVER MY ASS AT POINT BLANK RANGE!!!! :rofl: :rofl:
I pee'd on his truck in retaliation while he tried to fix it :D

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Bear said:
(todd knows all too well what my powersteering fluid looked like didn't you?LOL)

yeah..........something like that............I am just glad Dave's Jeep used sooooo much fuel...........it meant that there was sure to be regular stops to clean the shit off my windshield so i could see again LOL

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
i guess I wil just share my takeover stories since I don't feel like typing that long to share all.

Lets see got a 2hr late start leaving for TO cause Nate (N8) ran out of gas on the interstate on his way to meet us, and his cell phone was dead. So I got somebody flagged down to come find us to bring him gas, and none of us had a gas can so we Anthony (ratherbwheelin) had to go find a Walmart to buy one then get gas then take it to Nate.

Jonathan (01tundra) Doesn't listen to people and climbed a tree and dented in his door and broke his mirror.

One of the FJ40's broke his motor mount and Josh (jh3) fixed it with some zip ties and he wheeled it the rest of the weekend with the 350 ziptied in.

I broke my motor mount on the last day and me and Josh ratchet strapped the motor down.

Colin coming out of nowhere and disappearing all weekend :D
(He is very very sneaky)

The Jeep trying to follow us with the (Toyota Recovery Vehicle) Sticker and breaking I think 3 of his axle shafts. And he made us go find a Jeep to pull him out. :rolleyes:

Well thats all i can remember right now.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
I'm gonna bump this old thread because it's pretty hilarious and In the past year I know there have been more funny happenings

The Jeep trying to follow us with the (Toyota Recovery Vehicle) Sticker and breaking I think 3 of his axle shafts. And he made us go find a Jeep to pull him out. :rolleyes:
Heep guy's will just never learn ;)

The funniest things that's happened to me...

Actually wheeling for the first time I took my girlfriend (at the time) and the first off camber situation I got into, I started teeterin on front passenger and rear drivers side tires, and my girlfriend screamed so loud, that the two trucks ahead of me (Ben and Harry) heard it, got out of their trucks, and came to watch her face as I backed out and took a slightly different route. It made me laugh :D

Funniest thing of all time just off road in general is when I was driving my parent's 97 4Runner with some bald AT's through a mudhole and ended up finding the only area that was 3.5' deep and proceeded to sink, as my horn was triggered and blowing for about 5 minutes till they pulled me out. Once the horn started, some random guy on the side laughed so hard, he shot beer out of his nose at least 3 feet away.

This is on the way into the hole...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts