TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have been looking for a cheapish yota i can drive around while im sasin the taco. I found a 00 tundra 4wd, trd, limited thats pretty beat. Has 275k and a burnt valve (did the old dollar bill trick) but he wants $1500. I have an 06 tundra for a work truck and i love the iforce v8, but im wondering if it would be cheaper to put new heads on it or new engine or just buy my buddies hella clean 84 2wd re std cab

·
Registered
252 Posts
what stlstrs said. dunno what your normal driving around and commuting is but if it were me i'd take the 84 for fuel economy over the tundra for everyday and then you can still haul average loads and size shit with a toy.

I like tundras a lot, they are good trucks and have a decent amount of power but i dont see any reason to get a full size unless you need to. you can get away using a toy pickup or taco for what the average person uses a truck for. and if you need one dont be a wussy and get a gas motor, diesel all the way for full size :cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
valon5150
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing