TTORA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at a used Worth model 137 bender to use for building rock sliders and cages. I have looked on line, but can't tell whether it is a pipe bender or a tubing bender. Is is full hydraulic but needs new seals and o-rings throughout. It also comes with a full complement of dies and also has pipe expanders in numerous sizes.

I'm wondering if this is for pipe or tube or both and also what is a fair price if it meets my needs for building cages and such. Any and all help is appreciated.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Pipe and tubing are the same thing; a hollow chunk of metal. They are just measured differently.

If you want a bender that doesn't tend to collapse tubing you need the proper sized mandrel for a start. Collapsing tends to happen when you take a tube and push down in the middle on the mandrel. Dont buy that kind. Buy one that draws the tube over the mandrel like the well-known JD2 bender. But be aware if you use tubing that is too thin, even on a proper mandrel, it may still collapse/tear the tubing if the bend is too tight (usually you will see this info with the mandrel).

I googled that bender and found nothing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts