TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was heading towards Easton today on I78 East to meet up with a guy on another message board to sell him my Westin Tube Steps. I'm cruising along at about 85MPH and I'm about to pass a guy on a bike. As I pass him I see him barrel rolling off the side of the highway and get tossed a good 100 feet or so into the air. Now there are about half a dozen cars behind me when this happened, and I was the ONLY one to stop. There is no way they couldn't of seen him. I was looking straight ahead as I was passing him and saw him from the corner of my eye.

Needless to say I started walking towards him. He gets up off the ground and immediately falls right back over. This is when I decided it's time to get to him fast. I get up to him, and other than being muddy and grassy, he doesn't have a mark on him. I call the cops and they come. The cops arrived and it's some smoking hot blonde. She takes my ID and his and goes to her car. 15 minutes later she gives me my stuff back and says I can be on my way.

If I wouldn't of stopped noone would of saw this poor guy on the side of the road in the ditch. What's up with people these days?

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Yes I would have stopped in a Heartbeat.
I have been in accidents and I have seen accidents and I have stopped if I witnessed it or people have stopped to help me.
Hell I help those out that break down on in the middle of the road or at an intersection, cause if they end up getting stuck there, then it will cause traffic and so on and so on, and then people complain to them cause they can't push there onw car out of the way, get the fuck up outta your car and lend a hand.

And maybe the smoking hot blonde will call you ;-)

People these days only look out for themselves, something like this will come back and bite them in the butt for sure.

I kinda go off the "Pay It Forward" idea, but I help more than just three peopel and hope those people do the same.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I stop, help, give a tow, whatever. Its all part of karma.

And sometimes you get it back. There was a story a couple years ago about a guy who stopped to help a limo driver change a tire on a busy interstate. Turns out it was Trump. Paid off the guys mortgage. Best I've gotten was a six:xbeer1:

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I stop, help, give a tow, whatever. Its all part of karma.

And sometimes you get it back. There was a story a couple years ago about a guy who stopped to help a limo driver change a tire on a busy interstate. Turns out it was Trump. Paid off the guys mortgage. Best I've gotten was a six:xbeer1:
Sweet!
I think what I get in return is to live through another bad incident in my truck...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hats off to you for stopping. :clap: :clap: I was on I78 east from emmaus to jersey at about 1 pm, i saw a red and black 600rr heading west at a good speed on my way back but no bikes heading east. There were to many cops out to go above 70 mph. I'm guessing it was a sport bike, hopefully he was wearing his gear. I have a 03 600rr and IF I go down hopefully it's not on I78.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hats off to you for stopping. :clap: :clap: I was on I78 east from emmaus to jersey at about 1 pm, i saw a red and black 600rr heading west at a good speed on my way back but no bikes heading east. There were to many cops out to go above 70 mph. I'm guessing it was a sport bike, hopefully he was wearing his gear. I have a 03 600rr and IF I go down hopefully it's not on I78.
It wasn't a Harley, but it was the same style bike. The bike was covered in mud, so it was hard to tell exactly what it was. I helped him get his bike up, and damn was that thing heavy! No, he wasn't wearing his gear. Jeans and a jacket, no helmet. The guy is really lucky to be alive.

This happened at about 2:30 in the afternoon. I was about 20 miles west of Easton at the time. I think I was right past the Exit 60A overpass.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Yeah, she had some weird name that started with a Y. Yerchari or something like that. I seriously would love to have her arrest me just so I could resist arrest and have her tackle me. :D
FUCK YEAH!!! but yeh there are a lot of assholes thatwill just cruise right on by!!!good job!!!

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I just received a subpoena today to appear in court as a witness for the state for this!!!

Apparently the guy has a bench warrant out for his arrest and has been on the run for the last year. He ended up getting a DUI for this by the way it sounds...

I swear unless I see a car on fire and kids in it on the side of the road I'm going to keep on driving!

·
20,355 Posts
You did the right thing by stopping. Just sucks that you will have to go to court now.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts