TTORA Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was informed by a friend to read the "MUST READ"!!!!!! post. Let me 1st begin by saying HOW DARE YOU?????? If this is in reference to SUNDAY WELLSVILLE >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>"Leave the alcohol and DRUGS at home. HOW DARE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm a COP!!!!!!!!!!! If i feel like drinking a beer while im out on the trails that is MY business not yours.. GROW UP LOSER!!!!!!!! This is a group of guys and girls who have YOTAS and go off-roading. NOT some ELITE secret society. If you are offended by watching some one drink a beer LOOK THE OTHER WAY !!!! Mind your own business. It's not like I drank enough to fall over or put myself or OTHERS at risk.You people are adults??? Start acting like adults. Again I say HOW DARE YOU? OOH im dont like drinkers around me so I must complain. What kind of sheltered life did you grow up in to join a CAR-CLUB and cry to the President""" na-na-nuh-na-na- he was drinking and driving on the trails""" Fool... I had WITHIN legal limit the amount to drink. Oh, but thats right ...you wouldn't know ANYTHING about that cause your not a COP. I really cant believe that i'm entertaining this conversation/email/forum post in the first place. IM DONE------ GROW UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
those rules were cut & pasted from the national rules, the drug reference had nothing to do with you

as a chapter of TTORA we need to adhere to their rules

btw, as a cop shouldn't you know that drinking and driving is illegal even on private property

yes I was the one who ratted you guys out.

if you wanna have runs where drinking on the trails is acceptable fine, please state they are not "official" club rides and drinking will be allowed when you post them. I simply will not attend. I really don't give a fuck what you do when I'm not around but do not feel like watching someone seriously injure themselves by simply not using common sense. example: launching the quad off Upper Twister could have easily resulted in a broken neck

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
btw, as a cop shouldn't you know that drinking and driving is illegal even on private property>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Dude 3 beers??? I have that in my Cheerios for breakfast. Not like that will impair me.(the 3 beers I had) And besides are the YOTA POLICE gonna come give sobriety checks, make sure we are off-roading safely, check the presure in our fire extinguishers, make sure our brake fluid is topped-off, all lights and blinkers operational?? All im saying is crying to Daddy because a couple of guys had a few beers is just ...childish. Hey YOTA President .... this guy wasn't wearing his seatbelt! please kick him out, this organization is all about safety 1st!!! :)

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
now your just grasping for straws

OHIOYOTA34 said:
btw, as a cop shouldn't you know that drinking and driving is illegal even on private property>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Dude 3 beers??? I have that in my Cheerios for breakfast. Not like that will impair me.(the 3 beers I had) And besides are the YOTA POLICE gonna come give sobriety checks, make sure we are off-roading safely, check the presure in our fire extinguishers, make sure our brake fluid is topped-off, all lights and blinkers operational?? All im saying is crying to Daddy because a couple of guys had a few beers is just ...childish. Hey YOTA President .... this guy wasn't wearing his seatbelt! please kick him out, this organization is all about safety 1st!!! :)
I was wearing my lapbelt when you were trying to give me shit about that, I usually don't put the shoulder part on unless I'm doing something risky as it has a tendency to tighten up making it difficult to look out the window for objects along the side of my truck when needed

BTW the qoute button is your friend

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
99TanTaco said:
I usually don't put the shoulder part on
i TOTALLY hear you there. i stopped wearing the shoulder part (ask Jed) because I can't see outta the damn thing as it is... and it locks up as soon as im a hair off camber.. which makes my life THAT much harder when trying to see anything!

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
I am going to stand with Terry on this one. I don't want to wheel with any one that is drinking on the trail. Leave the drinking for the camp site after wheeling and kick back. There is no reason to have it on the trail.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
One more thing then I'm done...perhaps you or someone in your life was involved in an alcohol related incident. Maybe that is why you may have been upset. If that is the case, that is OK. You could have easily approached us and said hey..."I was an alcoholic, or was in an accident" whatever the case. I would have respected your request and not done it in front of you, or just STOPPED.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Once again ....it was only a reference/ or a kind gesture. Nothing more. I was mearly trying to insinuate that talking to the person instead of crying to Daddy would have been more grown up. And let me cut you off now by saying" EEW grown ups dont drink and drive" I had 3 . not 33 like most guys there.(Plus I have all of my teeth)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Wether you are a cop or not has no effect on the situation. Having three beers while driving IS still considered drinkign and driving. Wether it affected you or not has no bearing. If someone doen't have the self control to NOT drink while driving on the trails, then maybe they should seek some help. It doesn't matter if you had 3 beers or 20, drinking impairs you wether you know it or not. You also have to remember that you are not driving on nicely paved roads. You are driving over obstacles and through some tricky terrain. That alone is already more dangerous than street driving. Why add alcohol or drugs to the mix? How were any of the other people to know that you can handle 3 beers and be ok? I have a friend that gets very tipsy on 3 beers and another friend that can put down 10 and barely be buzzin. The best thing to do would be to learn from mistakes and move on. You now know the rule pertaining to alcohol consumption and drugs. If you feel the need to drink while on trails, then simply setup your own nonofficial rides.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
This thread should be closed at this point. Sides have been stated and the rule still stands and will stand. If an official TTORA club run No Alcohol will be allowed on the trails.

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
I just want to pipe in..
he was not an official TTORA member or aware of the rules on this run. Nor was he rocking a TTORA decal, or even driving a truck.

and yes I do realize that TTORA rules are what they are and fully understand them.

And Im sure he does now too... so Im sure if he even agrees to go on anymore official TTORA runs he knows the rules he must abide to.

there. problem solved. K thanks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
AND PLEASE realize....the COP thing has nothing to do with being allowed, or its ok to have a few...I made that/this post due to the affiliation of alcohol and DRUGS****DRUGS****not the beer but the DRUGS reference.Nothing else. You think I dont realize tossing a few back is dangerous while off-roading. Of course I do.Why do you think i had only 3?? Plus I ate before we even went in, drank over a gallon of water because it was so warm.ok enough. this is getting out of hand.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
OHIOYOTA34 said:
I was wearing my lapbelt>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Dude that was a joke ;-]
ask Pete I think I had a converation with him about that that day, or for that matter pretty much anyone who's ever wheeled with me knows I do that

Honestly you weren't that bad, the only thing I saw that really scared me was the quad wrecking. And yes I prob should have said something to you guys, I did tell Pete after the quad wreck that I would not be wheeling with you guys again.

That posting of the rules was for everyone, not directed at you personally. It had been coming for a while but TTORA has been revamping them (due to the other incident I referred to) and up untill now we had never had a person drinking on the trail so we had been slacking on posting them

I am not going to judge you or try to tell you right from wrong, but am simply asking that on club rides rules be followed, if rules are not going to be followed simply post that they are non-club rides where rules do not apply and us prudes will stay home.

fair enough?

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Once I get back in to website edit mode I will add a rules section. I will probably also post this rule on the events page on the website. If a run is un-official I won't add it to the events. Official runs will be added when I am notified to add them.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.