TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do a lot of highway driving so I want some thing that is not to noisy and gets good mileage. The problem is I also do a lot of driving on logging roads and wood lots, construction sites, uplowed most of the time so I need a tire to handle that. I have had the ta ko in the past and like them but I wonder if the wrangler sa will be a bit less noisy.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've not dealt with the Wrangler tire, but I can say that I've loved the two sets of BFG ATs that I've owned. If you stay relatively small with your tire selection, the tire roar isn't that bad (yeah, its louder than a generic radial tire, but its not that bad).

·
Registered
95 Posts
dueler revos. I bought a set about a month ago, and they are great. perfect for the use you are talking about.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jonwanner said:
dueler revos. I bought a set about a month ago, and they are great. perfect for the use you are talking about.
I tried the revos and liked them at first. decent traction not to loud. They didn't stay that way though, I didn't get many miles out of them and they got chopped up real fast despite rotations every 5k.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I've had both, now have BFG MT. I never have been able to get BFG's to balance properly! I miss my Goodyear AT's they ride nice and smooth, and held-up way better than any of the BFG's that I have owned. :2cents:

·
Registered
30 Posts
I work at a tire place and we went over the BFG AT Ko VS the Wrangler SA with the tire companies themselves. Nothing offroad, but we did wet/dry traction test drives, weight tests, and examined the composition, all of the same size tires.

At first, I thought with all the technology in the Wrangler SA, it would be a heavier tire, but depending on size (which effects the amount of kevlar plies in the sidewall) they aren't. They ride a lot quieter, and provide better traction wet/dry and supposedly snow too (has tread inside the tread for that).

Michellin (who brings the BFG tires) didn't really have any arguements except that their tire wins Baja all the time.

Both are great tires, but I'm definately going to test the Wrangler SA's as my next set.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Chadman said:
I never have been able to get BFG's to balance properly! :2cents:
x2

I have owned AT's and MT's with same results...
Revo's are smooth on HW and good in wet/snow too.

·
Registered
508 Posts
ariman said:
x2

I have owned AT's and MT's with same results...
Revo's are smooth on HW and good in wet/snow too.
Yeah it's pretty common with BFG's! :eek:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts