TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wrecked 2001 Taco TRD 4x4 auto (no motor or tranny) in Oklahoma

$4000, in Oklahoma City area. It has a salvage title. Pics are worth a thousand words so here they are:

It has about 27,300 miles on it (I forgot to record the exact mileage before I took the engine harness and ECU out). It had a 3.4 V6 & automatic tranny before I took them out for a swap into my 93 truck. I still have the transfer case though. So the ECU, engine harness, engine, and transmission are not included. But it is a complete rolling chasis.

The drivers side lower control arm (LCA) was broken in the wreck but was replaced. The drivers side front wheel was replaced and I found a new tire to match the others. So all 4 tires are Goodyear Fortera 265/70 R16 and are 90% or better.

The frame seems to be untouched by the wreck and the truck drove great after replacing the LCA.

Here's some shots of the interior (the glove box and some panels have been removed right now for access but they are included):

The air bags were deployed in the wreck, but I have replaced both airbags (the passinger side air bag install is not complete yet because the dash needs to come off to finish bolting it in place) Both seat belt retractors were replaced. The drivers side crash sensor and the main airbag computer were replaced as a precaution. All replacement airbag parts were bought used from a boneyard except the drivers side crash sensor which came from the dealer. I drove the truck for about a hundred miles after replacing the airbag parts and there were no codes thrown.

It has the stock e-locker as part of the TRD package and it was working last time I drove the truck. The AC condensor is a little bent up but the AC was still working. The radiator was also bent up but didn't leak. The under hood fuse box was busted up but the wires looked ok and still functioned. The evap canister was broken. The air box is good and has a good MAF. I have a replacement drivers side headlight already too.

Here's some pics of the underside and transfer case (both driveshafts are included and so is the complete stock exhaust system from the crossover back including both cats but not including the O2 sensors):

Here's what's left under the hood now (includes complete cruise control system):

It's too nice to part it out, so please don't even bother asking. I'll rebuild it myself before I do that. If you have an engine or tranny for it let me know.

I had one estimate from a Toyota dealer for body work to restore the body to new condition with all new OEM parts was $4575.77 with parts, labor and painting.

·
Registered
50 Posts
If only I could find one like this smashed from the rear-end side. Even though I have an engine and tranny, thats just too high for me, I need a cab and basically every panel forward of the bed. But without selling it with an engine and transmission or wanting to part it out, not sure its going to fit anyones needs.
I guess I should have continued reading the post completely. As I go back thru it, it looks like you have done some repairs and other than the transmission and engine, its drivable? How bad is the clip? Why do all damaged things for sale seem to ommit alot of the damaged portion in the pictures, Thats the biggest thing we'd want to look at. we all know what the trucks look like.
PM me though, I may be interested with a little more info and if you'll take offers. I'm close enough I could come pick it up over a weekend easy enough.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
tacomadriver said:
As I go back thru it, it looks like you have done some repairs and other than the transmission and engine, its drivable?
Yes, I drove it about 100 miles before I removed the engine and it drove good. No pulling or vibrations even though I didn't even do an alignment after replacing the LCA.

tacomadriver said:
How bad is the clip? Why do all damaged things for sale seem to ommit alot of the damaged portion in the pictures, Thats the biggest thing we'd want to look at. we all know what the trucks look like.
I can take more pics of anything you care to see. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll post some more pics tommorrow of all the bentup stuff I guess. I took most of those pics back when I first got the truck and was just posting the pics I already had instead of taking more. Sorry for your frustration. :eek: The driver side fender and grill are trashed and have been removed now. It also needs an inter-fender (or some call it an apron), radiator support, hood, front bumper and other things. I could just list everything the body shop quoted if you want. The cab is basicly untouched except for a little chip of paint or 2. I have been wanting to restoring this myself and slowly gathering stuff to fix it. In fact, I just found an ECU this week. My wife of course wants it gone. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
99FlowedTaco said:
this OBO ? if so PM me and ill get u an offer.
Of course I'll consider any reasonable offer, thanks. PM me if you're serious.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not going to part this out guys.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Ok in response to requests for more pics of the damaged areas here they are:

The new drivers side crash sensor:

After replacing the lower control arm, wheel and tire:

Frame looks fine:

Here the red circle shows the bumper mount needs replacing, the green circle shows the body mount and it appears to be fine:

The heater hose outlets have been sealed to keep dirt out:

The wires going to the headlight, turn signal and marker lights need replacing:

Upper control arm is fine:

These pics show the inter-fender (apron) and is important because you can see the crumpling on it stops before the firewall, which means the cab is ok and only the apron needs replacing:

The hood is trash:

Here you can see the only paint damage to the cab and door:

There is this one dent in the rear panel near the bumper, it looks worse in this pic than it really is:

The windshield is good, no cracks:

The skids are ok, but need painting. Oh all 4 mud flaps are good too.

The AC lines (red circles) and powersteering line (green circle) were sealed to keep out contaminates. The passenger side crash sensor (blue circle) is fine:

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SOLD :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts