TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I have been trying to get time off work to get a massive amount of projects done to the rig for our month long Idaho treck in August. So every tuesday and wednesday in June we will be at the shop in Bradenton knocking off the list. We got cold beeer if anyone wants to come and work.

Just for the recoed here is the list we are trying to bang out. dual batteries, inverter, viair compressor system, extra 12v plugs, rock lights, driving lights, lap top navigation, misc auxilary lights, 4.88 gears, 2 arb lockers, ome lift, 33x10.50 tires, engel fridge, custom anchor points in bed.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
:cool: Your in Tamp though right? :( Wish I could come down and help...

·
Registered
626 Posts
You'll probably want to upgrade your alternator also with all the new electric stuff.

Dual batts wiill help and delay the inevitable. But sooner or later your alt isn't going to want to run wide open anymore. Thats what it will be doing if it is running anything less than 100 amps.

remember: total watts / Volts = amps

Back to the thread. I would love to come down and crank on someone elses rig.

Keep me in the loop.

Neil

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea I am working on the alt thing. I just can not find a unit that I like that isn't 500 bones ya know. You see all these 160-170 amp alts in factory casings but then when you ask about how they tested the #'s the sales people startgetting wierd. Anyone have any suggestions for a middle of the road alt that is good.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok so today was day 1 we got the OME coiovers assembled and then inventoried everything to start accountng for the odds and ends like grommets, lube wires etc. We fabbed up the new 4ga wires for the dual batteries and crimped them but that was all. Tomorrow we are going to install the OME coilovers, fab the new hangers for the longer rear leaf springs, andconvert the diamond plate box to the Electrical box. This will include the fab of dual optimna battery mount and a hinged deck to mount the inverter,isolator and fuse block on. Long day tomorrow if anyone wants to come down call me 813 785 8489 I'll give ya directions.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Ok status report. The OME coilovers went in no problem. It took 1 hour to do both sides. I was expecting it to be a longer process but it was a snap.

We also finished the Aluminum Battery brackets. I was hoping to get more done but my "helper" was having some issues and we had to leave the shop early. Hopefully next week I will get the rest of the electrical work finished.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Ok finally got back on track I got the rear installed. Cut out the factor shackle mount and made a new one. Modified the front hanger and beefed it up a bit. OME shocks are to short for their springs so I ordered new Bilsteins (longer) that should be here next week. It came out nice I have a thread with pics here

Friday we are getting started on the electrical. Dual batteies, inverter, fuse block, six lights, viar 460 compressor and tank, ARB locker switches, Lowrance navigation (baja 480c), additional 12v plugs sources. If anyone wants to come down and wrench let me know. We will be doing this on Friday and Saturday in Bradenton @ the shop.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts