TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wrenchaton (help me pull my diff and rear Please):)
Thursday April 26 5:00pm
&
Saturday April 28??
My house
The plan is pull front diff and rear 3rd Thursday night so I can take them to On&Off Road Friday morning then pick them up Sat. morning/afternoon and get them back in truck.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.I have never done this so not sure exactly what I’m doing. If you got any projects you need to work on we can take care of them Sat. too. I only have basic hand tools and no heat in garage but it will keep us dry.

·
Premium Member
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll be there

do you have a floorjack and 1 set of stands?

Do yourself a favor and start PB Blastering the 4studs on the brake backing plates (both sides on the rear), the brake line fittings going into them, and the driveshaft bolts at the diffs a couple days before this
yep got floor jack and two sets of jack stands

gonna stop at habor freight one day and get big pry bar to pop cv out of diff and pick up some pb blaster;)

·
Registered
613 Posts
I have done the rear before, never the fronts. If i can make it i am up for helping out. I will post up as the time gets closer. I have been doing a lot of traveling recently (2400 miles on the Honda within a week!)

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
big pry bar to pop cv out of diff
you shouldn't need anything to big, usually I use one that has a screwdriver type handle and is about 18" long

Is one of your sets of jackstands tall enough to reach the frame? Or should I bring my big set?

the rear you can support by the axle tubes, but we need to be able to reach the frame in the front

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Terry what time do you think you will be there Thursday? I have some taller stands but I think only yours will get joe's truck off the ground at the frame. I get off work at 5 but I might work threw lunch and get off at 4. If I get off at 4 I should be there by five. Joe pm me your address again please. Also don't worry me doing to much work at my house I have been lazy and was going to do it this weekend.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Oh and to save you a drive Joe On & Off road is just down the street from me. If you want I can take the gears to Bob for you. I won't be able to make it Saturday probably because I will be on call for work. Now if Joe has a wireless router or a hot spot near by that I can log into my work gear with that would help.

·
Premium Member
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is one of your sets of jackstands tall enough to reach the frame? Or should I bring my big set?

the rear you can support by the axle tubes, but we need to be able to reach the frame in the front
yep got a set of 5 ton stand that reach frame with tires on;)
Terry what time do you think you will be there Thursday? I have some taller stands but I think only yours will get joe's truck off the ground at the frame. I get off work at 5 but I might work threw lunch and get off at 4. If I get off at 4 I should be there by five. Joe pm me your address again please. Also don't worry me doing to much work at my house I have been lazy and was going to do it this weekend.
you guys don't need to be there right at 5.i'm gonna leave work at 4.then i can get tires off and on stands fluids drained etc. but if you want to use it as a excuse to leave work early;) thats fine by me.

·
Premium Member
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh and to save you a drive Joe On & Off road is just down the street from me. If you want I can take the gears to Bob for you. I won't be able to make it Saturday probably because I will be on call for work. Now if Joe has a wireless router or a hot spot near by that I can log into my work gear with that would help.
hotspot got one down on the corner you can get whatever you want,durgs,gun,stolen car,hooker etc i live in Cleveland remeber.:D
Not sure what my cell uses but i'm on internet with it all the time no problem.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
hotspot got one down on the corner you can get whatever you want,durgs,gun,stolen car,hooker etc i live in Cleveland remeber.:D
Regrettably my work hasn't gotten the cell phone net cards for the laptops yet. I have to be near a normal house wireless setup like wireless a b or g. I will see what happens though we are suppose to get a card for testing but probably not by then. :(

·
Premium Member
2,924 Posts
:woot: for Joe's Hot Spot!

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Wrenchaton (help me pull my diff and rear Please):)
Thursday April 26 5:00pm
&
Saturday April 28??
My house
The plan is pull front diff and rear 3rd Thursday night so I can take them to On&Off Road Friday morning then pick them up Sat. morning/afternoon and get them back in truck.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.I have never done this so not sure exactly what I’m doing. If you got any projects you need to work on we can take care of them Sat. too. I only have basic hand tools and no heat in garage but it will keep us dry.
Hay joe sounds good but its a long drive for me to your house we will see!

·
Premium Member
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
1 - 20 of 32 Posts