TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
HEy yall.
As you know I just got my lift in and want it now on..This weekend is graduation so I was wondering if on Sunday of this weekend some of yall could come over or we could meet at another members house.
Catch 22 is..I have no tools. Have no money to buy them. So if we met at another persons house we could do it all there. Either way i was wondering if we could have one this weekend..Saturday is graudation..so Sunday im wide open and its the only day I have off of work.
So ya anyone wanna help me out??
May-20th Sunday 11:00 am
Thanks
Corona

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
i may be able to come, but idk. im goin to be busy sunday but if i got time ill be there.

·
Registered
951 Posts
What kinnda of lift are you doing? I assume the OME 882 and an aal or leaf pack? I wouldn't mind helping if I have nothing I have to do for the wedding and I would offer my place but I am limited on tools and once agian the ol lady sleeps during the day.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya the OME 882 Firm shocks fabtech aal I got longer u bolts
According to everyone here i need to get them compressed before i install them and i shouldnt do em myself so after work tomarrow i plan on doing it

·
Registered
911 Posts
I should be free on sunday so I would/could come to wherever you want to do it and lend a hand. Ive got all the tools so if you want to do it at your house thats fine, just get those springs compressed and on your new struts before hand.. wont take but a couple hours.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My house is fine..
I live off of highway 140/arnold mill road
If you want ill post my address..
Thanks so much you guys,,
Ramtool:Your Logan right?(jw so i can get everyones names straight)

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
My house is fine..
I live off of highway 140/arnold mill road
If you want ill post my address..
Thanks so much you guys,,
Ramtool:Your Logan right?(jw so i can get everyones names straight)
ill call you if i come over. what time are you goin to start/end?

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ill call you if i come over. what time are you goin to start/end?
IDK
Like I usally go to church and most people arnt up before 1030 so anytime after that.
Just whoever is planning on coming throw out a time and all and we wil see

·
Registered
911 Posts
yea...Im Logan. IF you want to PM me your address thats cool. Whatever time is good for me. Im up by 6:00 everyday anyways!!

·
Registered
619 Posts
Shouldn't take you too long with help from a few people...let me know what time and I'll try and make it out...but yea, get everything "PB blastered" so the bolts come out nice and easy....especially on those U Bolt nuts....not too sure if you'll need a longer brake line or not....mine did, but that was with an aal and shackles......

CW

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Whats pb blasted?
And i dont think i will.
Greg and benson didnt...But i will look into it and all..
Ya Logan says he has got all the tools.
If not i will bum some from some buddies.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Whats pb blasted?
And i dont think i will.
Greg and benson didnt...But i will look into it and all..
Ya Logan says he has got all the tools.
If not i will bum some from some buddies.
yeah i have a extended brake line, but you wont need it just driving on the street. make sure you get one before tellico though

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah i have a extended brake line, but you wont need it just driving on the street. make sure you get one before tellico though
ooo
Where do i pick one up at
Will autozone have one?

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
ooo
Where do i pick one up at
Will autozone have one?

idk, i ordered mine from wheelers. you can also get another rear brake line(the flexible part) and put the two together and that will work as well.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
idk, i ordered mine from wheelers. you can also get another rear brake line(the flexible part) and put the two together and that will work as well.
do i need front and rear or just rear?

·
Registered
619 Posts
I didn't do one in the front...just the rear....check with others though.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I didn't do one in the front...just the rear....check with others though.
Thanks ill get the rear today ill get the fron if others chime in
thanks for the response so fast as im getting raeady to leave for work
cool man thanks

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Thanks ill get the rear today ill get the fron if others chime in
thanks for the response so fast as im getting raeady to leave for work
cool man thanks
the front ones arent necessary. although i did order a package deal from wheelers that came with 2 front lines and 1 rear, i have put the rear on, but the front ones are still in the box they came in sitting in the garage.

btw john, im probably ordering my tires tomarro so you will get yours monday or tuesday;)

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I have a spring compressor if you need one...not sure when I would be able to get it to you though. With the proper tools and 2 people the front will be done in 30 minutes if you have the struts already assembled. Make sure you have several c-clamps for the rear add-a-leaf.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
btw john, im probably ordering my tires tomarro so you will get yours monday or tuesday;)
I REALLY LIKE THAT

But for those who are coming i have a delima..
I cant/wont be able to get them compressed
1) becuase i cant take apart my front right now i have to have my truck until sunday..
2) i dont have any extra top plate spacer for them to use when they compress it..
3) solution:Benson and i have thought out either i go over to his house we take off my coil poop and i borrow his until sunday or we still take my coil crap off and just have them compress it that day(friday) and i drive 3in front end high
other soultion:I rent one/borrow one(spring compressor) and we can do it on sunday..
Which one yall think is best?

1 - 20 of 131 Posts